API Developer - Dining
Technology – Solution Engineering /
Bounteous is a leading digital innovation partner for the world’s most ambitious brands. Our organization creates transformative digital experiences through services that include strategy, experience design, technology, analytics and insight, and marketing.
We are seeking an API Developer to join the Dining Business Unit; the team dedicated to helping brands like Domino’s, Wingstop, Wawa, Panda Express, and DashIn drive incremental revenue through digital experiences. The API Developer will take ownership of Legacy Hathway’s core NomNom API codebase and contribute towards extending it to meet the needs of our growing list of clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Program software solutions in accordance with business requirements
- Participate in product strategy, design, and product discussions with internal teams to determine how to deliver the best experience for users
- Mentor junior developers on software development techniques, standards, and best practices
- Engage in knowledge sharing opportunities for the engineering team
- Collaborate with Engineering and internal teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience for Hathway’s brands
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge and domain expertise for software architecture & engineering
- Perform technical discovery and communicate API capabilities and constraints to the product team to ensure requirements map to the API’s capabilities, as well as work with Engineering to ensure the back-end and front-end are seamlessly integrated into the API
- Develop the API codebase and work with project teams to deliver the required features and functionality within the web & app experiences
- Maintain and iterate NomNom API so that the codebase can continue to be leveraged in a multi-tenant environment
- BS graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant experience in computer software engineering
- 3+ years of relevant, professional,Node.js API server development experience, including deep experience integrating an API codebase with third-party web services
- 3+ years of experience writing code in an object-oriented language; some experience developing unit tests is preferred
- DemonstratedAngular.js experience within a large-scale web application codebase and demonstrated experience delivering highly performant, scalable, fault-tolerant digital experiences
- Experience in performing technical discovery for new integration points for third-party platforms and services
- Moderate to high proficiency skill in maintaining a multi-tenant API codebase according to best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical communication skills; proficiency in communicating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks across multiple projects
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.