Technical Director, Headless Platforms
Technology – Technology /
As the Technical Director, you will be a thought leader around the emerging best practices in composable both internally and with our customers. You will lead and grow our composable practice by straddling the realms of the strategic, tactical, and operational. You are less perfectionist craftsman and more problem-solver, knowing that nothing is perfect but having a desire and curiosity for providing direction and thought leadership for teammates and clients.
- Lead and grow the composable practice team to support and anticipate client/business needs for our growing competency
- Work with engineering, strategy, and design teams on defining and optimizing a unified delivery model
- Understand and communicate headless architectural principles, best practices, code patterns, and mentor/educate others
- Be an authority on composable trends and best practices
- Communicate in ways that bridge the gap between business and technology
- Collaborate on vision and standard architectures around composable/shared experience services
- Oversee and participate in conceiving, planning, and directing large client projects
- Solution for and aid the business development team in pitching and winning new work
- Collaborate with Practice Lead to enable the practice goals through technology
- Conceive and guide the development of tools to enable successful, efficient, and repeatable delivery across multiple projects (e.g. accelerators, dev tools, etc.)
- Develop technical training resources to ramp developers into being effective
- Experience presenting to business stakeholders and/or leadership
- 5+ years of experience as an Application Architect or related tech leadership position in planning, architecting and leading the implementation of applications in a headless/decoupled context
- Experience designing/architecting APIs & microservices leveraging one or more of the major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience designing/architecting integration pipelines to ingest and distribute data both real-time and asynchronously, leveraging one or more of the major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience implementing SSO solutions (OKTA, Facebook Login, Google, etc.) using authentication mechanisms (SAML, OAuth, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Professional hands-on JS application development experience with modern front-end frameworks such as Vue.js, React.js, or Angular 2+
- Knowledge and experience with applying Server-Side Rendering (Next/Nuxt/Gatsby) and state management (Redux/Ngrx/Vuex) to front-end applications
- Experience working with traditional or headless content platforms (Amplience, Contentful, Netlify CMS, Adobe AEM, etc)
- Experience working with traditional or headless commerce platforms (Magento/Adobe, CommerceTools, Elastic Path, Shopify, SAP Hybris, etc)
- Agency or big brand experience a plus
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.