Senior Systems Administrator
Wilmington, DE or Philadelphia, PA /
Finance & Operations – Finance & Operations /
We are searching for a new Senior System Administrator who will work directly with our team members, outside development partners, data partners, and clients to administrate, install, deploy, configure, operate, and maintain system hardware and software related to internal or client environments, and SaaS products utilized across Bounteous to ensure the stability and integrity of information in compliance with organization policies and standards. The right candidate will be strong technically and a leader – communicative, articulative, engaged with the ability to plan and to execute a plan.
Qualified candidates will have experience managing both on-premise systems as well as strong working knowledge in SaaS solutions. They will be expected to know how to tune servers, handle attacks, and diagnose and resolve application problems. They will assist helpdesk with SaaS or internal applications to keep Bounteous' teams operating as efficiently as possible.
Role and Responsibilities
- Administrate and support hosted environments on behalf of clients; resolve software and hardware-related issues
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Build and maintain secure server environments, monitor for security events and alerts, including: the build and documentation of hardened servers, and testing
- Deploy appropriate security patches/fixes, and review security logs as well as notifications
- Perform technical analysis and design to execute, test, and rollout solutions
- Support and maintain end-user requirements, including troubleshooting, account maintenance
- Plan and perform appropriate processes, documentation, inventory assessment, provide evidence and other procedures as needed
- Perform and coordinate effective installation and performance of operating, system hardware and software on servers, including software releases, system upgrades, and patches
- Maintain, monitor, and analyze system components to make recommendations regarding computer system security, networks, computers, and disk utilization
- Conduct software and hardware evaluations and provide technical analysis
- Automate management tasks, streamline processes, and perform standard administration functions as needed
- Obtain and/or maintain technical certifications as necessary
- Assist in assessments of the hosted environments on behalf of the clients, providing evidence of documented processes
- Provide support to Team members who escalate issues up to the administration group
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of hands-on Office 365 administration
- 10+ years of hands-on Windows Server and Active Directory administration: file and share permissions, user administration, security, networking and storage administration
- Scripting languages PowerShell and windows command line
- Experience supporting Cloud Environments: Rackspace, AWS and Azure
- Have thorough understanding of server and system administration Best Practices
- Lead server and application deployments, security, and business continuity
- Support remote users via VPN technologies
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel nationally if required and to/from Offices as required
- Experience managing and maintaining infrastructure devices, including switches, routers and firewalls
- Current knowledge of the following SaaS Products from an administration role: Gsuite, Salesforc, BetterCloud, Zoom, Dropbox, Slack, LastPass
- Apple Mac support experience
- Jamf Administration or Jamf deployment experience
- Experience with configuration management tools like Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and Intune
- Supporting open source technologies and infrastructure provision tools like Vagrant and Docker
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.