Magento FE Developer
Contract – Contract /
We are actively looking for a Magento 2 Frontend Developer to join our commerce team! This position will be responsible for helping deliver some of our most complex eCommerce projects. You will be working with a team of talented developers, leads, and architects to tackle important problems and resolve complex issues for some of the largest eCommerce companies on the Internet. You will be working in a distributed environment and must be able to be proactive and reach out to co-workers and clients on a regular basis.
If you thrive in an environment where you are surrounded by motivated, energetic developers and technologists consider this opportunity the next step for you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Leverage the Magento Admin Panel to implement design-related system configuration and modify the appearance of specific pages
- Optimize Magento applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in all scrum ceremonies and lead conversations relating to UX/UI efforts
- Partner with UX/UI team members to collaborate on design direction for new Magento 2 builds
- Strong experience working with REST, GraphQL and other API driven technologies
- Strong experience with React/PWA applications a plu
- Expert understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient in creating responsive web applications compatible with desktop, tablet, mobile, etc.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS or SASS
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Sketch, Gimp, Photoshop, or Illustrator is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code management tools such as BitBucket, Sourcetree (GIT)
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
Nice to Have's
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.