Director of User Experience
United States /
Experience Design – User Experience: UX Strategy, Research, & Design /
Bounteous is looking for a Director of User Experience to join our fast-growing design practice. This role is ideal for a dynamic and impassioned Experience Design veteran focused on furthering sound Experience Design principles in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal director is a naturally engaging storyteller and mentor who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to collectively deliver incredible, user-centered, award-winning experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the establishment of Experience Design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Deft familiarity and expertise in Experience Design activities and deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, personas, experience strategy documentation, and process flows.
- Act as a leader and mentor in project work: create high-quality deliverables, facilitate client discussions and workshops, lead critiques, and coach fellow experience designers.
- Direct and conduct and user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys.
- Occasionally support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high-level staffing plans.
- Support project managers to schedule experience design and research activities and deliverables within a project.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Ability to balance several initiatives simultaneously.
- Occasionally support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high level staffing plans.
- Coach and mentor staff to guide personal and professional growth.
- Work with senior XD leadership to lead, develop, and grow the Experience Design team.
- Stay informed of Experience Design best practices, trends, tools, and participate in the local Experience Design community.
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of user experience designers.
- At least 11 years of experience as a UX professional
- At least 3 years experience mentoring and managing a team of direct reports
- Experience presenting work to clients, facilitating and leading workshops, and synthesizing data into actionable projects across programs
- Experience connecting Experience Design work to user, business, and brand value
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for Experience Design within blended teams
- Experience in leading user research and testing, including planning, creation and moderation
- Strong background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to lead and create Experience Design deliverables and activities with no oversight
- Understanding of responsive design, mobile design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Experience in estimating, planning, and staffing project work
- Consulting/Agency experience is a plus
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.