Toronto, ON /
Technology – Commerce Platforms /
We are actively looking for a Magento 2 Architect to join our commerce team! This position will be responsible for architecting solutions and providing technical oversight of commerce development team ensuring the highest solutions balancing the competing interests of engineering and the business. Ensuring code quality and supporting your fellow developers and technical leads in delivering some of our most complex eCommerce projects. You will be leading and supporting a team of talented developers, and leads to tackle important problems and resolve complex issues for some of the largest eCommerce companies on the Internet. You will be working in a distributed environment and must be able to be proactive and reach out to co-workers and clients on a regular basis.
If you thrive in an environment where you are surrounded by motivated, energetic developers and technologists consider this opportunity the next step for you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Interface directly with clients and actively participate in client meetings, professionally and expertly
- Gather functional requirements
- Work closely with the marketing team to understand client expectations and limitations
- Examine existing systems and programs to identify areas for improvement and integration as part of this process
- Develop specifications by collaborating with the different practices on a project to develop schedules and test plans, preparing and assembling documents presenting project guidelines and milestones to team members
- Identify potential issues between systems and client specifications and propose new solutions to work around these limitations
- Determine project scope and conduct extra research on a client’s existing systems and configurations to determine whether added time and work is necessary to align the project with enterprise-level systems
- Manage external vendors to develop and implement specific aspects of the connectivity solution, considering costs and timelines to ensure that vendors meet deadlines for deliverables and project elements
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years PHP, object-oriented programming, MVC applications, and web development experience
- Minimum of 3 years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento 2 development in the last 2 years
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Lead Developer or Architect.
- Familiarity with the Agile development processes, including the use of coding standards and systems for version control, build, regression testing.
- Experienced in Magento 2 code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Experience with Magento 2 Commerce and Open Source.
- Experience with Magento Cloud.
- Expertise in authoring and maintaining Magento extensions.
- Actively participated in scalable website and web application development
- Proficient with Magento 2 APIs (REST, GraphQL)\
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
Nice to Have's
- Magento 2 Developer/Developer Plus Certification
- Other eCommerce platform experience (Hybris, Elastic path, Digital River)
- CMS experience (AEM, Drupal)
- Architecture role experience
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.