Full Stack Developer
Toronto, ON /
Technology – Solution Engineering /
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with strong Node.js and Java experience as well as front-end development skills. This position presents the opportunity to work on team-based projects in a variety of areas, including front-end web development, service development, and cloud platform work. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle while solving challenging technical problems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with a team to solve problems and deliver project work
- Create effectively tested, re-usable, and efficient code
- Support continuous improvement by staying up-to-date on technology
- Work collaboratively with a team in an Agile environment
- Learn new technologies (with support from the team) as needed to support project work
- The ideal candidate will have a 2- or 4-year degree in CS/Engineering, be a bootcamp grad, or be self-taught with practical experience
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- 3+ years Java, object-oriented programming, MVC applications, and web development experience
- Experience with the Spring framework
- Experience with Node.js
- HTML5 and CSS experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with the Agile development processes, including the use of coding standards and systems for version control, build, regression testing
- Actively participated in scalable website and web application development
- Hands-on experience designing/developing/consuming REST APIs
- React, AWS, and/or Elasticsearch experience would be helpful but not required
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.