Director, Digital Messaging
Growth Marketing – Customer Marketing /
Bounteous is leading the charge in dynamic digital experiences and is looking for the right team member to lead a talented team and drive those results. In our ever-changing, fast-paced digital world, our approach helps brands envision, harness, and enable their online and mobile presence.
We are looking for a Director of Digital Messaging to create big-picture digital solutions and deliver transformational brand experiences. This person will work within our Customer Marketing team and will be responsible for leading our Digital Messaging channels (email, SMS/text messaging, push notifications) by setting and achieving channel goals, growing our client base and developing the Digital Messaging team. If you are passionate about collaborating with curious minds to help solution complex problems, then we want to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Mature and expand the knowledge, thought leadership and capabilities of Bounteous' Digital Messaging practice
- Serve as the senior subject matter expert and advisor on all things Digital Messaging by staying abreast of (or ahead of) industry trends, best practices and opportunities
- Be an advocate and evangelist of the Digital Messaging team within and beyond Bounteous; for example, during client/account growth planning sessions, business development pursuits for prospective clients, via Bounteous marketing/promotional/PR materials like case studies, webinars, conferences, etc.
- Lead a team of talented Associate Directors who oversee a large team of campaign managers and specialists that manage and execute digital messaging work across clients; ensure optimal team member performance and high retention rates as demonstrated by strong satisfaction scores
- Identify key areas of growth and opportunity for the Digital Messaging practice and outline strategies to realize those opportunities; demonstrate broader, CRM and lifecycle strategies that enable Digital Messaging to work in tandem with other channels that Bounteous offers (e.g., web optimization, personalization, conversion rate optimization, etc.)
- Collaborate across Bounteous practices and industry-focused Business Units to create cohesive, end-to-end Digital Messaging service offerings for our clients
- Assess team effectiveness and growth opportunities, then formulate plans to retain, right-size or up-size our talent accordingly
- Increase YOY revenue attribution of the Digital Messaging practice via increased team member utilization, additional or expanded client engagements, etc.
- Provide Digital Messaging consulting and roadmaps to clients, proactively identifying opportunities that will grow their business, drive results and expand Bounteous' relationship with them (within or beyond Digital Messaging)
- Work with relevant client/account teams to ensure best-in-class delivery, support top performance and drive growth and client satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in related field, ideally Marketing, Computer Science or Information Technology, or relevant work experience
- Agency experience (including in-house) preferred but not required
- Solid understanding of digital marketing, digital messaging channels, data and reporting
- Familiarity with at least two of the following platforms: Adobe Campaign Classic, Adobe Campaign Standard, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other enterprise marketing platforms/ESPs
- General understanding of HTML, CSS and Java (no technical experience required)
- Passion for the digital domain and use of technology to solve business problems
- Ability to learn about and understand new technologies at high level in order to identify relevant use cases and opportunities for our clients
- Be self-motivated, responsive, professional, and dedicated to customer and team success
- Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Understanding of customer and e-commerce data concepts, structures and use cases
- Demonstrable leadership experience at team and individual level
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.