Senior Marketing Data Scientist
All Locations /
Analytics & Insight – Data Science /
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Data Scientist who can contribute to our growing practice by collaborating in a team environment, developing new solutions to common business problems, and advocating for data-driven approaches throughout the company. The ideal candidate would be highly adaptable to new areas of domain knowledge and have a natural curiosity for what patterns and pain points connect the business world. This candidate would have the ability to develop various types of models from ideation to deployment while maintaining a focus on activation and client goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Use critical thinking and creative problem solving skills, leveraging digital marketing expertise to translate high-level business objectives into short and long term solutions around audience segmentation, multi-touch attribution, and journey orchestration
- Produce model-driven solutions in various platforms for a wide range of business problems and industries using best-practice techniques in regression and classification while demonstrating a connection to marketing strategy principles
- Collaborate with internal marketing, design and strategy teams to define and execute cross-functional solutions, driving meaningful activation in digital marketing platforms with measurable impact for clients
- Work closely with clients to identify and elevate opportunities for data-driven solutions improving digital maturity in audience targeting and personalization.
- Articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in speech and writing; understand the audience and tailor messages accordingly
- Aggregate and analyze disparate datasets, including web analytics, customer, and marketing data to draw conclusions and deliver actionable insight
- Pragmatically decide between developing custom modeling frameworks vs implementing out-of-the-box solutions dependent on business needs
- Contribute to a highly collaborative data science team with brainstorming, peer reviews, and knowledge transfer to increase consistency of deliverables and repeatability of solutions
- Follow developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing consulting, with 1-2 years applying machine learning algorithms for clients
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating skills in quantitative and scientific methods such as math, statistics, natural sciences, finance, social sciences; advanced degrees a plus; additional education in data science-specific fields, certifications and degrees a plus
- Depth of knowledge in either GMP or Adobe marketing ecosystems and use cases (Paid/Social, Email, CRO, etc.)
- Expertise in working with web analytics data (Google, Adobe or Snowplow)
- Demonstrates advanced SQL skills (partitioning, nesting, regex, etc.)
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency in Python, and at least one data science toolkit (Sklearn, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms a plus (Adobe Experience Platform, AgilOne, etc)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and data warehousing a plus (GCP, AWS or Azure)
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.