Director of Content Strategy
Experience Design – Content Strategy /
Bounteous is looking for a Director of Content Strategy to join our fast-growing design practice. This role is ideal for a dynamic and impassioned Content Strategy expert focused on furthering sound content strategy principles in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal director is a naturally engaging storyteller and mentor who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to collectively deliver tools, processes, and content that drive award-winning user-centered experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the establishment of Content Strategy standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Deft familiarity and expertise in Content Strategy activities and deliverables including voice and tone guidelines, governance models and workflows, content models, taxonomies, stakeholder interviews, content audits & inventories, strategic analysis, and research findings.
- Act as a leader and mentor in project work: create high-quality deliverables, facilitate client discussions and content workshops, lead critiques, and coach fellow content strategists.
- Occasionally support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high-level staffing plans.
- Support project managers to schedule content-related activities and deliverables within a project.
- Skillfully balance multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Coach and mentor staff to guide personal and professional growth.
- Work with senior XD leadership to lead, develop, and grow the Content Strategy team.
- Stay up to date with Content Strategy best practices, trends, ideas, and techniques via participation in local Content Strategy communities.
- Collaboratively define our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth for the next generation of content strategists.
- 11+ years of experience as a content strategy professional
- 3+ years experience mentoring, managing, and coaching direct reports
- Substantial demonstrable experience presenting work to clients, facilitating and leading workshops, and synthesizing data into actionable projects across programs
- Deep experience connecting content strategy work to user, business, and brand value
- Successful content strategy implementations with enterprise clients, addressing both long-term and short-term initiatives
- Strong background in taxonomy, information architecture, human factors, experience design, marketing, brand, and copy strategy
- Ability to lead and create content strategy deliverables and activities with no oversight
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Consulting/agency experience is required
- In-depth knowledge of platforms such as Miro, Optimal Workshop, and Microsoft Office
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, or similar presentation tools
- Excellent communicator with all levels of leadership, management, and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Excellent listener and writer with a passion for Content Strategy
- BS/BA/BFA in library science, information design, visual communication, or other design- or information- related fields; or equivalent experience
- Experience in user experience design and research activities (such as persona development, journey mapping, user flows, and wireframing) is a plus
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.