Senior Designer (Contract)
United States /
Contract – Experience Design /
Bounteous is looking for a Contract Senior Designer to join our fast-growing design practice. The Senior Designer designs and contributes to creative concepts, detailed design, enhancements, and execution of digital media (websites, mobile applications, social media assets, email templates, etc.) for a wide variety of clients. The ideal candidate must be able to design, develop, or enhance existing graphic/identity branding that meets marketing objectives, integrates customer usability best practices, and address client brand standards. This is a hands-on opportunity ideal for an organized and detail-oriented individual who can consistently deliver high quality, data-driven solutions. The ideal candidate is a naturally engaging storyteller who works closely with cross-disciplinary teams to further best practices at every opportunity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce meticulous, beautiful experiences that take into account business and user objectives, brand guidelines, and channel specifications or requirements (websites, mobile applications, email, etc.)
- Create and present design deliverables with limited oversight including design concepts, comps, experience strategy documentation, prototypes, style guides, pattern libraries, deliverable styling, etc.
- Present design decisions to the internal and client teams and iterate and implement feedback
- Work closely with Designers, UX Designers, Front- and Back-End Developers, Content Specialists, Business Analysts, and internal Project Managers to ensure all functionality and design is meeting client and user expectations
- Participate in discovery activities such as design workshops, brand questionnaire and overviews, digital system/style audits, competitive analysis, etc.
- Juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Prototype complex interactions with high standards of usability in mind
- Serves as a resident expert of digital tools and is skilled in developing digital design concepts. Is well-versed with web technology, usability, and core development tools; understands web design constraints, including a strong understanding of designing for a CMS.
- Actively contributes to and/or leads our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of experience designers
- Responsible for giving continuous feedback to peers, completing self-review, inputting time consistently, and communicating deadline conflicts
- 3-6 years of experience as a creative professional, with a focus on design, user experience, and storytelling. Consulting/Agency experience is a plus.
- Background in responsive and mobile design
- In depth knowledge / proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Sketch, InVision, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Adobe After Effects or similar motion graphics programs a plus
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design
- Experience designing around data sets and reusable components/patterns
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and project team members
- Excellent listener with a passion for human-centered design
- Is proactive and has efficient time-management skills
- B.S./B.A./B.F.A. in graphic design, digital design, visual communication, or other design-related fields or relevant experience
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.