United States /
Technology – Solution Engineering /
We are looking for an Android Developer who can create custom applications. This position will be responsible for taking projects through the entire life cycle. You will tackle problems and resolve complex issues, while working in a distributed environment with a team of outstanding engineers.
Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write well designed, efficient Kotlin code that works across devices.
- Build great looking screens in an Android environment
- Support continuous improvement by staying up-to-date with the rapidly evolving mobile development world.
- Actively participate in client meetings
- The ideal candidate will have a 2- or 4-year degree in CS/Engineering, be a bootcamp grad, or be self-taught with practical experience
- 3+ years of professional hands-on Android Development experience
- Built apps using Kotlin and proficient with Android SDK
- Experienced in Java development with drive to learn may be considered
- Alternatively, experience in Swift, Objective-C or React Native development with an eagerness to grow
- Willingness to learn and work with React Native and other technologies beyond native Android development.
- An understanding of design and the ability to fill gaps, for example if a design doesn’t cover all screen sizes or if a design isn’t consistent
- Strong communication and problem solving skills with the ability and ambition to lead Android projects
- Worked with Agile development, preferably SCRUM
- Comfortable striving for full unit test coverage
- Experience with Android Jetpack libraries is a plus
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.