Senior Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Technology – Cloud Services /
The team is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Systems Engineer who can craft and maintain flexible systems that meet the needs of our clients, both internally and externally. You will help to support the our clients in an IT Service Management (ITSM) practice, managing operation of market-leading eCommerce and Digital Presence infrastructures.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the good standing of the server infrastructure. We are responsible for many Windows and Linux servers and an increasing investment in serverless technologies.
- Help to lead a multifaceted ITSM practice to meet the needs of our clients
- Helping to research and develop new infrastructure technologies and approaches as they emerge.
- Supporting a number of platforms at the server / service level. This at times includes eCommerce platforms, Content Management Platforms, Data integration, and custom systems.
- Improving and Supporting Devops practices in the department and company.
- Monitoring for and responding to anomalies within our infrastructure, including on-call rotation as part of a larger team.
- Helping to design and improve our monitoring and reporting.
- Developing and maintaining automation for provisioning and deployment of the server infrastructure.
- Working closely with platform developers to solve their infrastructure-related issues, and mentoring others in understanding implications and limitations of the technology.
- Troubleshooting problems in platforms we support.
- Preferred Skills:
- Expert knowledge of Linux shell and Windows power shell.
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (web servers, DNS, SSL, Browsers)
- Experience with ITSM practice, including exposure to Jira Service manager, Service Now, or the like
- Working knowledge of web development processes (source control, deployment, etc)
- Experience improving workflow (reducing/optimizing tasks)
- Knowledge in deploying and maintaining cloud technologies as part of larger systems
- Understanding of security implications of architecture decisions
- Practical knowledge of common Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure services and practices
- Beneficial Skills:
- Operating eCommerce servers, especially Hybris, Magento 2, Drupal
- Operating Content Management Systems such as Drupal, AEM
- Load testing, pen testing, and providing security for cloud resources
- Administering and using monitoring tools (NewRelic, splunk, sumologic, etc) to troubleshoot issues
- Other cloud platforms, such as Google Cloud
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.