Marketing Technology Analyst (Marketing Automation)
Toronto, ON or Pittsburgh, PA or Wilmington, DE /
Technology – Campaign /
Bounteous is looking for a Marketing Technology Analyst to support high-priority Marketing Technology implementation projects and ongoing omni-channel campaign execution initiatives. This position sits within our Technology team, but will regularly interface with a large, cross-functional team of developers, solution architects, marketing strategists and digital marketing specialists to help bring digital customer experiences to life. As such, the ideal candidate will be dynamic and flexible with a strong affinity toward data and technology.
This position necessitates knowledge of varying industry trends, campaign management best practices and marketing technologies, so the ideal candidate should possess a desire to continually learn, improve and apply subject matter expertise to individual client needs. To be successful in this role, the candidate will need excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a knack for breaking down complex processes and methodologies into easily digestible explanations for clients and internal teams. These projects often require a considerable amount of coordination across numerous resources, so we are looking for someone who is detail-oriented, highly organized and an independent self-starter.
If you are energized by representing an award winning, stable and growing company in a fast moving digital transformation space, and are growth and results oriented, we’d like to meet you!
Please note: We are open to candidates working remotely across the US and Canada for this position.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead discovery efforts to gather necessary information from clients and internal team members to appropriately record business needs and solution requirements for digital marketing campaigns
- Develop deep knowledge of each client's business and available data to ensure campaign targeting and execution methods are on par to help meet the client's marketing objectives
- Create, maintain and disseminate detailed solution documentation and campaign plans
- Provide solution requirements consultation to engineering and development teams throughout Marketing Technology platform implementations and individual campaign builds
- Oversee QA and testing for Marketing Technology platform configurations and individual Campaign builds to ensure solution meets client business needs (e.g. campaign audience identification, data flows, dynamic content assignment and touchpoint rendering)
- Initiate new platform and campaign change controls, as needed, and manage through to completion with the appropriate stakeholders, including requirements gathering and solution documentation, and coordinating development and testing amongst teams
- Work closely with project management team to manage workflow and deadlines across multiple, simultaneous platform-related projects and change controls
- Serve as day-to-day Marketing Technology point of contact for internal and client teams to triage new platform-related requests and serve as a subject matter expert to speak to the nuances, limitations and capabilities of each client’s unique platform implementation
- Provide support to senior team members throughout Marketing Technology discovery and roadmapping engagements, as needed
- Provide support to Campaign Operations team for ongoing campaign development, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising, a related business or technology field, or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years experience in a Marketing-related role working with campaign management solutions that support omni-channel marketing campaign development and execution
- Agency experience preferred, with 2+ years experience in a client-facing role and knowledge of overall agency structures and agile project management methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, including email, phone and meeting-related communications required, with a high level of responsiveness to clients and internal teams
- Experience working with teams that have executed digital marketing strategies, testing and deployment, including email, text and push notification campaigns
- Solid understanding of campaign execution processes, audience segmentation methods, industry best practices, communication legal compliance, and downstream campaign analysis
- Experience documenting complex campaign requirements for internal and external stakeholders
- Experience and diligence with Quality Assurance and testing in a campaign setting, with specific experience reviewing and approving platform-level configurations, settings and data flows, and individual campaign-level targeting and touchpoint rendering
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize competing deadlines across multiple projects and team members
- Familiarity with a variety of cross-channel campaign management platforms and marketing cloud solutions preferred (Adobe, SalesForce, Selligent, Redpoint, Oracle, or similar)
- Basic understanding of marketing database systems, data management and cleansing processes, ETLs/APIs and identity management preferred
- Adobe Campaign Business Practitioner and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant certifications also a plus
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.