Director of Experience Design
Toronto, ON /
Experience Design – Experience Design /
Bounteous is looking for a Director of Experience Design to join our fast-growing design practice. This role is ideal for a dynamic and impassioned UX veteran focused on furthering sound UX principles in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal director is a naturally engaging storyteller and mentor who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to collectively deliver incredible, award-winning experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
- Present, oversee and occasionally produce UX deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, experience strategy documentation, process flows etc.
- Facilitate and oversee discovery activities such as design workshops, stakeholder interviews, accessibility audits, expert reviews, competitive reviews, etc.
- Oversee user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys. Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions
- Contribute to the establishment of experience design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization
- Coach direct reports to set and work towards career goals
- Work with Experience Design leads to staff projects
- Support business development through estimation, solutioning, and high level staffing plans.
- Support project manager to schedule UX activities and deliverables within a project.
- Stay informed of UX best practices, trends, tools, and participate in the local UX community
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of user experience designers
- Develop subject matter expertise within a facet of User Experience
- Work with senior leadership to lead, develop, and grow the Experience Design team
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- At least 6 years of experience as a UX professional
- At least 3 years experience mentoring and managing a team of direct reports
- Experience in estimating, planning, and staffing project work
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for UX within blended teams
- Background in mobile design
- Experience presenting work to clients, facilitating workshops and conducting stakeholder interviews
- Experience in leading user research and testing, including planning, creation and moderation
- Strong background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to create wireframes, sitemaps, navigation flows, user journeys, process flows, interaction design, and specs
- Understanding of responsive design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationshipsExcellent listener with a passion for user experience
- In depth knowledge of design and presentation software, specifically: Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office products
- Consulting/Agency experience is a plus
You have the freedom to influence your own career path. We give our team members not only state-of-the-art facilities to execute web and mobile experiences for some of the greatest brands in the world, but people love working here. And we love having them!
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.