HR (People Success) Business Partner
United States /
Talent & Culture – People Success /
The People Success Business Partner (PSBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with team members and Managing Directors of designated Business Units (BUs). The position fosters partnerships across the Talent & Culture (T&C) ecosystem to deliver value-added service to leadership and team members that reflect the business objectives of the organization, including:
- Building a multi-million dollar company that attracts people, clients, and investors.
- Being recognized as the Co-Innovation partner for the world’s most ambitious brands to help them compete and win digitally.
- Assembling a global team of diverse and engaged digital experts.
The PSBP maintains an effective level of BU literacy, including client portfolios, client partner names, industry competition, revenue targets, growth plans, forecasting, utilization, client NPS, BU team member NPS, project team satisfaction scores, and talent success criteria and performance. They serve as trusted advisors to the Business Unit Managing Director and work across Shared Service leadership (T&C, Finance & Operations (F&O), and Growth) to provide best-in-class services to their assigned BUs to fuel growth and unlock engaged, retained, high-performing teams.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serve as an active participant in BU meetings, as established by the BU’s Managing Director and senior leadership team.
- Identify and assemble to mitigate risks quickly through both qualitative and quantitative data channels, as it relates to performance, employee satisfaction, and engagement.
- Identify over-utilization and under-utilization trends; offer strategies and escalate to correct.
- Influence T&C and Practice leads about decisions that impact BU growth, including hiring; onboarding and orientation; performance management; learning, training, and development plans; promotion and rewards; and transfers, and coach-outs.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation and work with the appropriate T&C leads to trigger employee relations protocols, including performance improvement, escalation, and conflict resolution, including leading and coordinating the facilitation of internal investigation and termination process for complex employee relations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with F&O and T&C leadership as needed.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to BU line management and partner across T&C leads to implement formal performance management channels, including coaching, counseling, career development.
- Consult BU leadership, Career Coaches, and across Bounteous Practices to provide HR guidance when appropriate, including identifying and rewarding A players, mentoring and developing B players, and gracefully coaching out C players.
- Works closely with the Managing Director, team members, and across the T&C service lines to improve work relationships, strengthen engagement, build morale, plan events, and increase productivity and retention.
- Work closely with Managing Director to ensure T&C is supporting and fueling the BU’s growth and works closely with the T&C leads to monitor employee engagement through appropriate channels (e.g., Glassdoor, OfficeVibe, Entromy, etc.) and exit data to mitigate risks, ignite engagement, and improve retention.
- Work with Communications and T&C leads to report recurring themes to address and manage change through a variety of communication channels, including FAQs, roundtable discussions, Town Hall meetings, Lunch & Learns and training opportunities.
- Work with the Talent team and BU hiring managers to ensure that we are attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent.
- Work with BU leads, Growth teams, and Talent teams to identify, participate in, and host networking and team-building events.
- Work with BU leads and Growth team to understand and drive thought leadership opportunities across the BU.
- Host and support client meetings, participate in pitch preparation, and assemble deck materials as directed by the BU Managing Director.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the T&C leads to identify risks in advance, develop solutions, and provide input to impactful programs and policies.
- Collaborate with BU leadership, Talent, and Resource Management teams to coordinate and govern staffing needs and ensure appropriate level of talent, hiring, and resourcing is available when needed; determine that we’re hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time as determined by the BU Managing Director.
- Partner with People Success Lead to oversee HR M&A activities.
- Partner across T&C leadership team to ensure that BU OKR measurement is performing according to plan.
- Provide guidance and input on BU restructures, workforce planning, succession planning, change management, and communications strategies.
- 7+ years in People-related roles with direct or indirect experience as an HR Business Partner
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines at both strategic and operational levels, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, workforce planning, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Human Resources certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, etc)
- Accountability! Drive decisions and mitigate risks to help improve BU performance.
- Highly collaborative approach with the ability to quickly build strong and trusted relationships across leadership teams, cross-functional partners, and key stakeholders.
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define project strategy and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
- A deep understanding of the Bounteous service lines and market differentiation and the ability to represent Bounteous, attract talent, and serve as a leading ambassador.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and the desire to lead (and listen!) with empathy.
- Excellent organizational skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to uncover, report, and respond to impactful data trends.
- Ability to listen and summarize complex information and escalate and resolve as needed.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, apply, and/or escalate the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the Bounteous hierarchy, roles, titling, leveling, promotion, qualifications, programs, total reward, and administrative practices.
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint), Confluence, Google Drive, and Slack.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.