Senior Project Manager, Managed Services
North America /
Client – Program Delivery /
The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at Bounteous, it’s to add to our interpersonal dynamics and choose the right person to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams. Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
Currently, Bounteous is searching for a Senior Project Manager to add to our fast-growing team. Successful candidates have a demonstrated history and the wherewithal to truly partner with clients and lead all types of managed services efforts including infrastructure support, system maintenance and patching, break fix and on call support, as well as system enhancement projects. Candidates should be comfortable managing projects of various sizes and complexities independently from inception through completion. You’ll be responsible for prioritizing, guiding, and directing practice area teams to provide exceptional support to our managed services clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Independently lead and motivate diverse teams on various types of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Manage project scope, timeline, budget, issues, risks, dependencies, and deliverable outcomes
- Lead on-time, on-budget delivery of managed services projects, resulting in a high degree of client and internal team member satisfaction
- Lead managed services efforts which may include infrastructure support, system maintenance and patching, break fix and on call support, as well as system enhancement projects
- Function as a Scrum Master to lead effective Agile ceremonies including stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews, grooming, and planning
- Proactively monitor, report, and react to project scope changes, budget burn, and timeline risk
- Ability to understand a problem and work toward a solution by building consensus within the project team
- Serve as an advocate for the project team, ensuring that they are empowered and have the information needed to successfully deliver excellent service and results
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and facilitate communication amongst the project teams, client stakeholders, and senior management
- Facilitate efficient meetings including producing detailed agenda, facilitating discussions, and ensuring action items are identified and followed up on
- Ability to adjust how information is communicated to various audiences, who each process information in their own way, have different working styles, and unique personalities
- Foster a collaborative environment within the project team
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a mature, productive, and positive manner
- Act as a key client contact and ensure their expectations are met and results are delivered
- Leverage current project management systems to make data driven decisions and provide reporting as needed
- Develop domain expertise in client's business and systems to drive results
- Ability to easily work with team members including developers, dev ops, QA, analytics, and design, and communicate across all levels in the company
- Partner with Client Service Executives and Business Development to scope, size, and solution new opportunities
- Support process and efficiency improvements across the Program Delivery competency
- Build strong relationships with client and internal team members to deliver success
- Contribute to the internal development of Agile and project management processes, deliverables, and standards
- Continue expansion and development of new skills, techniques, and tools through continuous learning
- BS/BA in relevant program, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of project management experience of progressively increased responsibility with at least 1 year of Agile experience
- 3+ years of experience with managed services including infrastructure support, system maintenance and patching, break fix and on call support, and system enhancement projects
- 3+ years of experience working as a consultant or in an agency as a project manager
- Exposure to a wide variety of management techniques including Scrum, Agile, and/or Waterfall
- Worked with multiple teams simultaneously, consisting of 4 to 8 people
- Managed distributed or remote team members
- Experience delivering managed services related projects ($500K+, 6+ months)
- In-depth understanding of digital technologies
- Proven organizational skills and a focused attention to detail
- Experience in both Confluence / JIRA or equivalent tool for software development
- Experience working in regulated environments such as financial services, pharmaceutical, healthcare and experience with policies such as Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and/or CAN-SPAM a plus
- A solid understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the ITIL Framework
- CSM and PMP certifications are a plus
- Experience with CMS platforms (Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal), eCommerce platforms (Magento, Shopify) and Google Analytics a plus
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.