Toronto, ON /
Technology – Quality Assurance /
The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at Bounteous, it’s to add to our interpersonal dynamics and choose the right person to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams.
Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
As a QA Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring that various online products and their features are working in accordance with expected functionality. This person will create end-to-end test plans, execute the plans, and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Engage with development teams and product owners via the agile delivery processes
- Review deployed user stories and acceptance criteria
- Create and execute detailed, comprehensive Test Plans for user stories and associated acceptance criteria
- Establish and maintain traceability of requirements through test plans and cases
- Perform in depth research to define the cause of the problem and offers solutions to the development team to resolve the problem
- Work closely with developers and/or product support representatives to reproduce, isolate, and resolve product anomalies or design issues
- Ensure that test plans and cases fully exercise every aspect of the product
- Execute smoke/regression testing for each candidate release
- Support and consult with other the engineering department's to support their build and QA processes
- 1-3 years of hands-on QA testing experience in a client and/or web service environment, while adhering to Agile methodologies
- Proven experience writing automated test scripts for functional test using Selenium is preferred (using Ruby/Rspec gets you bonus points)
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server and UNIX environments, including: designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procedures, jobs, triggers and replication
- Experience with eCommerce platforms (Magento, Shopify or Workarea) is a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS in support of configurations and minor FE defects for systems
- Writing clear, concise detail-oriented test plans/cases (JIRA is a plus)
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications
- Liaison with development, project management, and customer support
- BS or BA degree preferred
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.