Office Assistant (Part-Time)
San Francisco, CA
Finance and Operations
We are seeking a part-time Office Assistant to organize and coordinate office operations and procedures at our San Francisco collaboration center. This individual ensures organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a wide-range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Office Assistant must be willing to wear multiple hats at once and be well-organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting team members in a fast-paced, distributed office environment.
Please Note: This part-time role is onsite 2-3 days a week. A full day Friday is required to support ordering and clean-up for Friday company lunches and after work happy hours. Other in-office hours are to be established and communicated by the Office Assistant upon hire and pre-approved by Talent & Culture.
- Serve as the face of the company, including welcoming and preparing for guests and new employees by providing tours, playing host, and making people feel comfortable and at home;
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image;
- Manage shared spaces, including conference rooms and kitchens; able to troubleshoot equipment, operate tools and machinery in designated areas, and kick-off in-house meetings using video conferencing tools;
- Responsible for office maintenance and upkeep and serve as the point person for maintenance, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, business cards, and errands;
- Communicate effectively with vendors, service providers, and landlords;
- Manage office budgets and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office leases as needed;
- Coordinate events and meals, including Friday lunches, client meetings, holiday parties, and hosted and all-hands events;
- Assist Talent & Culture and System Administration with new team member on-boarding, including prepping phones, desks, and computers;
- Contribute to Bounteous newsletter, task forces, and one-off projects as assigned and participate in weekly planning sessions;
- Serve as a cultural lynchpin in assigned collaboration center, including event planning, excellent customer service, and acting as a champion for outreach activities, including after-work socials, philanthropic initiatives, and team bonding exercises.
- Proven office management, administrative, or related experience;Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work;
- Exemplary written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and planning skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs; Confluence experience a plus;
- Excellent Outlook skills and the ability to manage multiple calendars (personal, company, and manager’s calendars as assigned);
- Experience planning events and booking travel;
- Strong budgeting and expense reimbursement skills;
- The ability to lift office products and supplies;
- Bachelor’s degree (in progress) or equivalent preferred;
- Full-day Friday availability required and flexibility to rearrange schedules in support of key collaboration center events as needed.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.