Talent and Culture
Bounteous Canada is dedicated to being the best customer experience, eCommerce, and strategic partner for clients across North America.
Our team, located in the bustling downtown Toronto core, is growing rapidly! If you like a fast-paced work environment that is fun, creative, and collaborative, with phenomenal projects, then Bounteous may be the ideal fit for you.
We are looking for an HR Generalist who embodies our culture and will provide our team members with a world-class employee lifecycle experience. The successful candidates have experience managing employee onboarding and off-boarding, planning major events, administering benefits, working with our online HRIS program, and adhering to the Employment Standards Act.
- Onboarding, Orientation, and Employee Lifecycle:
- Lead initial onboarding activities and work with recruiting & infrastructure teams to identify and schedule the appropriate first-week essential activities.
- Work with the office manager to order first day equipment, assign desks, and prep physical space.
- Work with hiring managers, team leads, and competency leads to identify appropriate Career Coach, Mentor, and project assignments and follow through with buy-in from each participating stakeholder.
- Work in tandem with office management, Finance, and Talent & Culture to appropriately communicate hire dates, location, and schedules.
- Distribute on-boarding and off-boarding checklists, and ensures that participating members understand roles and commitment, as well as manages follow-through.
- Handle terminations and exit interviews at the end of the employee lifecycle.
- Branding, Culture, and Communications:
- Network with the entire company.
- Identify ways to improve the culture and interaction.
- Work well with others and effectively participate in group planning activities.
- Know the company's values and mission, describe them accurately and understand how the company values influence the culture through perks and a sense of community.
- Foster a work environment in which people choose to be motivated, contribute, and are happy.
- See employees as a client and be quick to answer questions and connect people.
- Staffing and Employee Development:
- Get to know people, their roles, their strengths, and their goals and communicates ideas and concerns to the appropriate stakeholders (and identify those stakeholders)
- Working closely with the office manager, head-up key initiatives during employee development days, philanthropic initiatives, networking events, and celebrations.
- Health & Welfare:
- On-board and Off-board employees from benefits plans.
- Anticipate and address employee benefits issues and work toward resolution.
- Assist team members with benefits questions, processes, and how-to's.
- Sit at the table during health and welfare audits and enrollment to ensure quality and good record-keeping.
- Supply excellent customer service to employees throughout the organization.
- Rewards and Recognition:
- Works closely with the Finance department to update payroll records during salary changes and bonus administration.
- Policy and Compliance:
- Manages employee compliance activities, including accurate documentation and record keeping.
- Oversee the maintenance of and data accuracy for online HRIS system.
- Serve as a liaison with external benefits broker to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Distribute employee guidelines and policies and collect signatures as needed.
- Be a key contributor to annual censuses, audits, and other necessary compliance activities.
- Work in tandem with Finance to ensure payroll registers are accurate and up-to-date.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or HR related education required
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional, fast paced, dynamic environment
- Familiarity with digital marketing and/or creative agency experience
- Prior experience with an online HRIS system
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google, especially Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate, influence, and listen to the internal stakeholders
- Think creatively and work collaboratively to develop solutions
- Demonstrated passion, ability to problem solve, and manage expectations
- Perfected the art of balancing the needs of the company, managers, and team members
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Training opportunities for professional development
- Health benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO (Paid time off) policy
- Extensive health and wellness programs, and initiatives
- Creative, fun, pet-friendly work environment
- Monthly team events: Bonfire, Jay’s game, Axe-throwing and more
- Internal office activities, including Yoga classes, Game nights & more!
- Corporate gym discounts
- Weekly catered Lunch
Bounteous offers competitive compensation, benefits, training opportunities, and a killer downtown Toronto office. Did we mention we like beer and pizza? If this sounds like something you’re interested in, send us an application with all the particulars (resume, portfolio, Dribble accounts, etc.).
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
**Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.