Technology – Cloud Services
The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at Bounteous, it’s to add to our interpersonal dynamics and choose the right person to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams.
Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
The team is looking for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer who can craft flexible and maintainable systems that fit the needs of our clients, both internally and externally. As part of our infrastructure team, you will share responsibility for the workstations and network of the internal office, and to a larger degree, the maintenance and operation of a market leading eCommerce infrastructure.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain the good standing of the server infrastructure. These are largely linux servers, with a few exceptions
- Perform routine tasks related to the infrastructure of our clients’ eCommerce platforms
- Monitor for and responding to anomalies within our infrastructure, including on-call rotation
- Develop and maintain automation for provisioning and deployment of the server infrastructure
- Manage and improve Bounteous' technology resources
- Work closely with platform developers to solve their infrastructure-related issues, and mentor others in understanding implications and limitations of the technology
- The ideal candidate will have a 2- or 4-year degree in CS/Engineering, be a bootcamp grad, or be self-taught with practical experience
- Working knowledge of linux shell, web technologies (web servers, DNS, SSL, Browsers), and web development processes (source control, deployment, etc)
- Experienced improving workflow (reducing/optimizing tasks)
- Experienced administering basic IT systems (workstations, LAN, etc)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) services and processes.
- Operating eCommerce servers, especially Magento 1 & 2
- Manage enterprise administration of Apple laptops and workstations
- Load testing, pen testing, and providing security for cloud resources
- Administering and using monitoring tools (eg: NewRelic, AppOptics, ELK) to troubleshoot issues
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.