Magento Developer (FE)
Bounteous Canada is dedicated to being the best customer experience, eCommerce, and strategic partner for clients across North America. Our team, located in in the bustling downtown Toronto core, is growing rapidly! If you like a fast-paced work environment that is fun, creative, and collaborative, with phenomenal projects, then Bounteous may be the ideal fit for you.
At Bounteous, front-end developers are an integral part of helping define, design and develop new and innovative eCommerce ideas that will be used by millions of people. You’ll turn designs/mockups into working products and help rapidly prototype new features so we can quickly iterate on what works and what doesn’t. If you love to create great user experiences as much as you love to produce clean and super fast front-end code, you probably belong at Bounteous.
Your day to day:
- Working with our team of designers to ensure their brilliant vision is delivered seamlessly into a highly optimized web and mobile experience.
- Collaborating with back-end developers to create the building blocks that will allow you to deliver a gorgeous, well-structured interface.
- Optimizing HTML/CSS/JS code to ensure high performance interfaces.
- Making the world a better place with W3C & WCAG standards.
- Grow your professional repertoire by exploring new alternatives to old solutions with the help and encouragement of an all-star team.
- 2+ years working with Magento2
- Ability to work with existing themes, create custom child themes, modify layouts and templates and work with back end developers to create custom modules
- 3-5 years of creative experience in consumer web design with an emphasis on user experience
- Basic knowledge of Design Software such as Sketch
- Firm grasp of Responsive Web Design principles with a focus on details
- Ability to configure workflows with Webpack, Grunt or Gulp
- Understands the importance of web site performance and is motivated to design for extreme optimization and UX
- Ability to self manage your workload and no hesitation about raising concerns or ideas to the team
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; equally at ease speaking with development teams or executives when articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality designs to customers/stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Experience building Progressive Web Apps
- Experience with JS frameworks like React or Vue
- Experience with E-commerce / Online Shopping sites a huge plus
- Experience with Magento, Weblinc or Shopify
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Knowledge of accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 (A/AA) and AODA
- Competitive salary
- Training opportunities for professional development
- Health benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO (Paid time off) policy
- Extensive health and wellness programs, and initiatives
- Creative, fun, pet-friendly work environment
- Monthly team events: Bonfire, Jay’s game, Axe-throwing and more
- Internal office activities, including Yoga classes, Game nights & more!
- Corporate gym discounts
- Weekly catered Lunch
Bounteous offers competitive compensation, benefits, training opportunities, and a killer downtown Toronto office. Did we mention we like beer and pizza? If this sounds like something you’re interested in, send us an application with all the particulars (resume, portfolio, Dribble accounts, etc.).
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
**Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.