Group Creative Director (Financial Services Technology)
United States /
Experience Design – Design /
Bounteous is looking for a Group Creative Director focused on building teams and business growth in the Financial Services space. This person is a strong strategic thinker with proven experience developing and owning thought leadership, and has experience operating both as a leader of client relationships and a leader of pitches. Strengthening the Experience Design practice, fueling teams, and seeking out new opportunities to shape the future of financial, industrial and technology experiences is a core responsibility.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams to identify opportunities to drive business outcomes
- Define account and program strategy, including oversight and planning across multiple Experience Design workstreams, identify and cultivate new opportunities, support and grow client relationships
- Drive delivery of high quality client solutions across multiple types of Experience Design engagement.
- Lead and collaborates within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions
- Skillfully balance multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Support business development through program relationship support, estimation, solutioning, pitch work, and high level staffing plans
- Lead the development and promotion of clear understanding of the Experience Design competency within the practice and the larger Bounteous organization, including best practices, methodologies, and deliverables
- Ability to articulate the value of design to any audience
- Deft familiarity and expertise in Experience Design activities and deliverables including experience strategy, workshop facilitation, customer journeys, experience concepts, visual communication, and brand storytelling.
- Understand how to recognize and foster talent, guiding personal and professional growth, including Creative Directors
- Work with resourcing coordinators to staff and cast the right talent to the right projects
- Fosters experimentation with methods and processes to continuously improve the practice
- Actively engage in Experience Design communities locally and nationally through public speaking, judging, teaching, and other industry activities
- Define and model our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth for the next generation of designers
- 14+ years of experience as Design professional working on complex challenges with medium-to-large cross disciplinary teams, with a focus on design, user experience, and storytelling
- 6+ years experience building and leading teams, and mentoring and coaching direct reports
- A background defining the vision for and delivering end-to-end digital experiences in the Financial, Industrial, and/or Technology space
- Substantial demonstrable experience presenting, facilitating and leading workshops, and synthesizing data into actionable strategies and projects across programs
- Deep experience connecting Experience Design work to user satisfaction, business challenges, and brand value
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for Experience Design within blended teams
- Experience in leading design teams, including planning, creation and moderation
- Strong background in insight-driven and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to lead and create Experience Design deliverables and activities with no oversight
- Understanding of responsive design, mobile design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage multiple high-profile strategic projects simultaneously
- Experience in estimating, pitching, planning, and staffing work
- Consulting/agency experience is required
- Working knowledge of current design tools, eg - Figma, Sketch, InVision, remote user testing tools, Adobe Suite; and in-depth knowledge of presentation and admin software, eg - Miro, Keynote, and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communicator with all levels of leadership, management, and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Excellent listener with a passion for storytelling and user-centered design
- Clear, charismatic, and compelling presenter
- BS/BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Digital Design, Visual Communication, or Human-Computer Interaction, or other design-related fields
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.