Lead Experience Designer
Bounteous Canada is dedicated to being the best customer experience, eCommerce, and strategic partner for clients across North America. Our team, located in the bustling downtown Toronto core, is growing rapidly! If you like a fast-paced work environment that is fun, creative, and collaborative, with phenomenal projects, then Bounteous may be the ideal fit for you.
Bounteous is looking for a Lead Experience Designer who has a passion for creative problem solving and a desire to lead fast-paced and dynamic experience design (XD) engagements. This is a leadership role ideal for an organized and detail-oriented individual who insists upon delivering high quality product design solutions that are both insight-driven and user-centric. The ideal candidate is a naturally engaging storyteller who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to further XD best practices at every opportunity.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Produce, present and oversee XD deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, experience strategy documentation, process flows, user interface designs, etc.
- Facilitate discovery activities with limited oversight such as design and strategy workshops, stakeholder interviews, accessibility audits, expert reviews, competitive reviews, etc.
- Conduct user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Present design decisions to the internal and client teams and iterate and implement feedback.
- Contribute to the establishment of experience design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Mentor junior staff to create polished deliverables, improve presentation skills, and guide personal growth.
- Stay informed of XD best practices, trends, tools, and participate in the local XD community.
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of user experience designers
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- At least 6 years of experience as an XD professional (Experience Design, User Experience Design, Product Design, etc.)
- Knowledge of graphic design, visual communication, or other design-related field, with an understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for XD within blended teams
- Experience presenting work to clients, facilitating workshops, and conducting stakeholder interviews
- Experience with user research and testing including planning, creation and moderation
- Strong background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Understanding of mobile, atomic design, component-based responsive design, accessibility, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Consulting/Agency experience is a plus
- In depth knowledge of design and presentation software, specifically: Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite, G-Suite Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Excellent listener with a passion for user experience
- Competitive salary.
- Training opportunities for professional development.
- Health benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Flexible PTO (Paid time off) policy.
- Extensive health and wellness programs, and initiatives.
- Creative, fun, pet-friendly work environment.
- Monthly team events: Bonfire, Jay’s game, Axe-throwing and more.
- Internal office activities, including Yoga classes, Game nights & more!
- Corporate gym discounts.
- Weekly catered Lunch.
Bounteous offers competitive compensation, benefits, training opportunities, and a killer downtown Toronto office. Did we mention we like beer and pizza? If this sounds like something you’re interested in, send us an application with all the particulars (resume, portfolio, Dribble accounts, etc.).
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
**Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.