Senior Google Analytics Engineer
Strategy and Insights – Experience Analytics /
The team is looking for a Senior Google Analytics Engineer who understands the digital analytics space and has the ability to build and customize analytics and tag manager implementations. The ideal candidate can successfully deploy and maintain data collection across many different types of sites and mobile apps for our clients, and be one of our analytics implementation experts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop domain expertise in client’s business space to drive results
- Demonstrate a grasp of the fundamental importance of clean data to empower successful digital marketing initiatives, in support of larger business objectives
- Implement Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager, configuring and customizing the tools appropriately
- Identify gaps in existing implementations and recommend solutions to enhance data collection, promote scalability, and drive best practices
- Seek opportunities to clarify what solution is needed (not just what was requested), and develop and propose alternative technical approaches where appropriate
- Articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in speech and writing; understand the audience and tailor messages accordingly
- Exemplify good technical skills, stay up-to-date with industry changes, and share expertise freely; mentor junior team members
- Adapt to a fast-paced work environment and have the ability to overcome technical and business challenges
- Demonstrate high intellectual bandwidth, as well an ability to prioritize and work on the right things at the right time
- Volunteer suggestions for team improvement with regard to developing technical expertise, and help drive these efforts
- Actively contribute to the greater community by participating in meet-ups, conferences, blogs, open forums, or open source initiatives
- College degree (required) plus at least 4 years of relevant work experience in marketing, consulting, and/or media
- Experienced with Google Analytics and has implemented, configured, and customized the tool
- Has deployed Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager
- Has focused in one or more of the following areas: digital analytics, optimization, statistical modeling, consumer insights, and/or marketing analytics
- Experience integrating Google Analytics with other Google products (such as BigQuery, DV360, or Google Optimize) and 3rd party tools (such as Salesforce, Eloqua, Optimizely, etc.)
- Understand how to read and interpret reports
- Experience using browser developer tools and extensions for debugging and validating analytics tracking
- Experience with mobile app tracking, experience with Firebase is a plus
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.