Google Analytics Engineer, Assisted Service Tier
United States /
Strategy & Insights – Analytics & Intelligence /
The full-time Analytics Engineer will work to support the Analytics service team with client work, including the ticketing system for Assisted Service Tier & Self-Service Tier clients. This role will be heavily involved in the implementation and tagging of Google Analytics 4 (GA4) properties primarily through Google Tag Manager (GTM). This role will also support the A&I team with initiatives including tagging and implementation support for the Growth Marketing team. The full-time Analytics Engineer demonstrate and hone skills in auditing and implementing Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, adhering to general digital analytics best practices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with Assisted Service Tier & Self-Service Tier clients, under the direction of the Senior Director of Analytics Service, to provide ad-hoc support for those clients.
- Operate within Jira Service Management, part of the Atlassian suite of tools, fielding requests.
- Configure GA4 properties according to best practices.
- Create GA4 documentation, providing data layer & other tracking specifications to app/web development teams.
- QA and test GA4 implementations - including app and web data streams.
- Build smart, efficient implementations through tag management solutions, including Google Tag Manager.
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate potential GA4 data collection issues.
- Established domain expertise in clients’ business space to drive results.
- Demonstrate a grasp of the fundamental importance of clean data to empower successful digital marketing initiatives, in support of larger business objectives.
- Ensure client expectations are met and results are delivered.
- Articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in speech and writing.
- Cultivate and manage relationships at the company and among the team.
- Collaborate with the team lead and do so in a manner consistent with our culture and values.
- Adapt to a fast-paced work environment and have the ability to overcome technical and business challenges.
- Demonstrate high intellectual bandwidth, as well an ability to prioritize and work on the right things at the right time.
- Active participant in thought leadership.
- Work with your career coach to define OKRs and complete objectives as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A degree in IT, Digital Marketing Analytics, or related field plus internship experience in digital analytics.
- Experienced with Google Analytics 4 and has implemented, configured, and customized the tool.
- Deployed Google Analytics 4 through Google Tag Manager.
- Has focused on one or more of the following areas: digital analytics, analytics implementation, and/or marketing analytics.
- Understand how to read and interpret reports.
- Fundamental knowledge of GA4/Firebase app tracking.
- Can speak to big data and know what's possible regarding activation.
- Experience with BigQuery or have used data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, or Power BI is a plus!
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.