Technical Services Manager
Technology – Cloud Services /
We are searching for a Technical Services Manager who will oversee a highly collaborative and dedicated group of engineers and technicians responsible for providing managed services to Bounteous clients including infrastructure and specialized application support services. The Technical Services Manager will oversee day to day operations of a highly diverse team and research and implement new technologies to help improve business processes. The right candidate will be strong technically and a leader that is a strong communicator, solid coach and mentor, and able to effectively plan and drive initiatives to completion.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manages technical support resources supporting managed services in various technical disciplines including infrastructure, Hybris, AEM, Commerce Integration, Drupal, Shopify, Magento, ElasticPath, Mobile Apps, and Front-End/Back-End support.
- Oversees development of technology solutions that meet our clients' needs for ongoing managed services and ensures alignment with our technology strategy.
- Facilities transition from legacy service models to more innovative models.
- Ensures operational processes are aligned to ITIL best practices and are being followed.
- Responsible for managed services successful technology implementations and upgrades.
- Owns the operational strategy for software and hardware currency, vendors and partners, and creates standard tools and processes for managing customer services.
- Effectively forecasts and manages expenses, and ensures optimization by leveraging economies of scale and globalization strategies.
- Prioritizes initiatives, anticipates resource needs and plans accordingly.
- Meets with customers to plan for technology needs and changes.
- Presents technology solutions to clients and is regarded as a technology subject matter expert.
- Focuses on service excellence ensuring consistent SLA achievement.
- Assigns work and responsibilities as needed and implements a cross-training strategy to eliminate single points of support for critical services
- Leads, coaches, and mentors a diverse team of engineers and technicians
- Works with Human Resources to assist in hiring talent for open positions on the team
- Effectively manages changing priorities and adjusts staffing needs to meet those priorities
- Facilitates improvement and development of existing and new operational procedures to ensure incidents and requests are handled in a timely fashion.
- Create and enforce system architecture standards
- Ensures creation of documentation of system/application implementations and architectures
- Coordinates closely with Project and Delivery Managers in the execution of work for our clients
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years in technical leadership roles of expanding responsibility
- Well-versed in ITIL processes; V3/4 Foundation certification preferred
- Has led and participated in technical discussions with clients
- Experience working for a managed service provider is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses knowledge of: Azure architecture and common Azure services and practices, Amazon Web Services (AWS architecture and common AWS services and practices, Web technologies (web servers, DNS, SSL, Browsers), Web development processes (i.e., source control, deployment, etc.), Windows power shell and/or Linux shell
- Expertise in deploying and maintaining cloud technologies as part of larger systems
- Excellent grasp of security implications of architecture decisions
- Coach and mentor experience with junior engineers and development of training plans
- Operating eCommerce servers, especially Hybris, Adobe Commerce/Magento 2, Drupal
- Operating Content Management Systems such as Drupal, AEM
- Experience with Infrastructure as code (IaC) and orchestration tools
- Load testing, pen testing, and providing security for cloud resources
- Administering and using monitoring tools (i.e., NewRelic, splunk, sumologic, etc.) to troubleshoot issues
- Other cloud platforms, such as Google Cloud
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.