Director of Talent Engagement, Diversity Inclusion
Talent and Culture
The Director of Talent Engagement is responsible for establishing and tracking a Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity (D, I, & E) strategy for Bounteous and growing, attracting, and recruiting for a diverse talent pool. As an expert in D, I, & E, this person is responsible to generate a talent pipeline by partnering with organizations, increasing networking opportunities, gaining a competitive advantage, and fueling our company’s growth. In addition to building a D, I, & E program, this person is responsible for the full lifecycle of recruiting, including sourcing, attracting, testing, selecting, and on-boarding qualified candidates to successfully fill job openings.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with Talent & Culture leadership team to develop a best-in-class D, I, & E program that enables Bounteous to establish, nourish, and maintain a diverse talent pipeline across Canada, the United States, and Berlin.
- Promote and drive inclusive practices and establish key initiatives that are tailored to advance Bounteous-wide diversity goals.
- Design and source educational workshops, thought leaders/speakers, and tools that support our D, I, & E objectives.
- Align D, I, & E objectives with our talent programs and processes and work across the Talent & Culture team to enrich our hiring, retention, and team member development and engagement programs to reflect diversity and to foster inclusion.
- Establish new mechanisms to capture and report on a broad array of diversity-related metrics, translate data into relevant analytics, and develop insights that drive decisions; partner with the Talent & Culture leadership team to measure, track, and analyze the effectiveness of D, I, & E initiatives.
- Own and drive external partnerships with community and non-profit organizations to advance inclusion and equity in the local communities where our team members are based.
- Provide the hiring managers a strong slate of diverse candidates, act as a point of contact, and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Fill open positions quickly and track candidate activity thoroughly throughout the lifecycle of the hiring process.
- Maintain strict compliance when working with confidential information and provide best practices around Canadian workplace compliance and employment law.
- Promote the company’s reputation as “best place to work.”
- 5+ years of D, I, & E leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective organizational strategies.
- Self-sufficient and capable of liaising with the executive team, including comfortability building and delivering executive-level presentations.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, data-driven, agency environment is a plus.
- A proven track record of influencing, inspiring team members, and coaching in the areas of D, I, & E.
- Experience leading D, I, & E programs and playing a consultative and facilitator role for internal teams on topics such as inclusive leadership, unconscious bias, equity, dimensions of diversity, and social identity.
- Proven work experience as a recruiter, preferably in a digital agency, and 5+ years of successful full lifecycle recruiting within a Talent Acquisition team.
- An understanding of Canadian compliance and employment law.
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency based, etc.)
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference checks, etc.)
- Familiarity with databases, applicant tracking systems, and/or CMS, preferably Lever.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a cultural lynchpin and champion.
- Strong decision-making, analytical, and reporting skills.
- Ability to work from the Toronto collaboration center.
- A BA/BS degree.