Senior Experience Designer (Contract)
Upcoming Openings – Experience Design /
Bounteous is looking for a Senior Experience Designer who has a passion for creative problem solving. This is a hands-on opportunity ideal for an organized and detail-oriented individual who can consistently deliver high quality, data-driven solutions. The ideal candidate for this role is a naturally engaging storyteller who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to further experience design best practices at every opportunity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce and present user experience deliverables with limited oversight including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, experience strategy documentation, process flows etc.
- Participate in discovery activities such as design workshops, stakeholder interviews, accessibility audits, expert reviews, competitive reviews, etc.
- Assist in user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions
- Stay informed of UX best practices, trends, tools, and participate in the local UX community
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth into the next generation of user experience designers
- 3-6 years of experience as a UX professional
- Background in mobile design
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience is a plus
- Experience presenting work to clients, participating in workshops and stakeholder interviews
- Experience in user research and testing
- Strong background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to create wireframes, sitemaps, navigation flows, user journeys, process flows, interaction design, and specs
- Understanding of responsive design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Consulting/Agency experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Excellent listener with a passion for user experience
- In depth knowledge of design and presentation software, specifically: Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office products
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.