Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Technology – Technology /
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain the good standing of server infrastructure, including Windows and Linux servers, with an increasing investment in server-less technologies
- Help to lead a multifaceted ITSM practice to meet the needs of our clients
- Research and develop new infrastructure technologies and approaches as they emerge
- Support a number of platforms at the server/service level, including: eCommerce platforms, content management, platforms, data integration, and custom systems
- Improve and support DevOps practices across Bounteous
- Monitor and respond to anomalies within our infrastructure, including on-call rotation as part of a larger team
- Design and improve monitoring and reporting
- Develop and maintain automation for provisioning and deployment of the server infrastructure
- Work closely with platform developers to solve infrastructure-related issues, mentor others in understanding implications and limitations of the technology
Information Security and Data Privacy
- Ensure any sensitive information of the project/organization stays protected as per the guidelines of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and report any breach, vulnerability or threat to the respective Data Protection Officer (DPO) without delay
- Ensure all data of the customer/organization processed must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests
- Adherence to GDPR and ISMS standards to value privacy at every level
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of Linux shell and Windows PowerShell
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (web servers, DNS, SSL, Browsers)
- Experience with ITSM practice, including exposure to Jira Service manager, Service Now (or similar)
- Working knowledge of web development processes (source control, deployment, etc.)
- Experience improving workflow (reducing/optimizing tasks)
- Knowledge in deploying and maintaining cloud technologies as part of larger systems
- Understanding of security implications of architecture decisions
- Practical knowledge of common Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure services and practices
- Experience with load testing, pen testing, and providing security for cloud resources; administering and using monitoring tools (NewRelic, splunk, sumologic, etc.) to troubleshoot issues
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.