Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Technology – Quality Assurance /
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer who will create end-to-end test plans, execute the plans, and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, QA reports
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- 5+ years of hands-on QA testing experience in a client and/or web service environment, while adhering to Agile methodologies
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing manual testing
- Comfortable with databases and SQL
- Experience with CMS platforms (Magento gets you bonus points)
- Writing clear, concise detail-oriented test plans/cases
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Experience with Atlassian tools - JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Liaison with development, project management, and client
- Knowledge around E-commerce space is a strong plus
- Experience writing automated test scripts for functional tests
- Hands-on Experience in API and/or Load testing
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Expertise in Accessibility
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.