Help Desk Technician (Level 2)
Finance & Operations – Operations /
We are looking for a Help Desk Technician to join our growing team in Mexico. The Help Desk Technician will be responsible for providing onsite and remote technical support to Bounteous team members in an efficient and accurate manner. The Bounteous Help Desk serves as the front line and is responsible for quickly identifying and resolving basic desktop issues. Strong Level 2 candidates will have an opportunity to gain experience in Level 3 support, including deploying and administrating SaaS applications and additional network administrative duties.
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for managing vendor relationships to procure laptops, accessory hardware, and any installed software. Some experience is required with diagnosing and resolving package or application problems. The respective team member will assist the Help Desk with SaaS or internal applications to keep Bounteous operating efficiently.
Please note: this role requires advanced English fluency and regular travel to Mexico City.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems related to the Bounteous Apple & Windows laptop fleet
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of laptops, operating systems, or appropriate software. Maintain and provision desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, printers, projectors, audio/visual equipment, and other office equipment as required
- Perform account management and maintenance for various applications and systems (create/modify user accounts and permissions, and perform password resets)
- Assist Talent and Culture team with onboarding new team members, provide access to products and services, address any new team member questions
- Assist with full device lifecycle including purchasing, deployment and decommissioning, recycling/selling of discarded devices
- Assist in level 1 or purchasing tickets open by team members
- Escalate to operations, solutions, infrastructure engineering teams, or appropriate resolver team as appropriate
- Use incident logging system(Samanage) to maintain incidents and requests through the complete ticket life cycle
- Develop test specifications, create support documentation as appropriate for all hardware resources aligned with Bounteous processes
- Support remote users via VPN technologies
- Effectively manage all Assets via asset management tool
- Advanced English fluency: ability to engage with US + Canada-based customers; read, write, and understand technical documentation
- Ability and willingness to regularly commute to Mexico City
- 1+ years of hands-on Office 365 user administration
- Experience with push and install workstation and third party patches
- Limited hands-on Active Directory administration: file and share permissions, user administration: password & MFA resets
- Experience with improving systems performance by recommending, implementing hardware updates including firmware changes and break/fix
- Ability to perform trouble call resolution, diagnosis of complex problems, user support follow-up, interaction with other IT employees, team members, and outside vendors
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
- Ability to lift and/or carry desktop computers up to 50 pounds
- Experience managing and maintaining infrastructure devices, including switches, routers and firewalls a plus
- Experience with software as a service (SaaS) and other software hosting protocols a plus
- Current knowledge of the following Software Products from License Administrator role: Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365, Jetbrains, Apple Mac support experience, Jamf deployment experience, experience deploying packages in Microsoft Endpoint management (Intune) all a plus
- BA/BS or Associate Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.