Production Associate (Modern Farmer)
Bethlehem, PA /
Operations – Farm Operations /
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out our podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke) - https://spoti.fi/3ToY3Mm
About The Role:
When you join the Bowery Farming team as a Modern Farmer you’ll get a chance to be a part of a team that produces fresh leafy greens. In this hands-on role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the taste, quality, and freshness of our products and assisting in the daily care of our plants.
As a fast-growing company, this role will allow you the potential to learn about the business with career paths in Food Safety, Production, Quality Control, Shipping and Receiving, and Farm leadership roles. If you’re up for learning quickly, thriving in a fast-paced & being flexible, apply now to see what Bowery Farming is all about!
In order to be considered for the Modern Farmer opportunity, please complete our WonScore Assessment by clicking HERE.
What You'll Do:
- Seed, transplant, harvest, and pack our crops to get ready for customer shipment
- Keep the farm, farm equipment and work areas clean and organized using the 5S methodology
- Be a leader when it comes to using personal protective equipment and adhering to workforce safety and food safety practices
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure we’re producing amazing food
- Operate as a team and participate in improvement projects to help drive world-class operations initiatives
- Work with integrated technology and operating systems to manage the farm and our plants
Who You Are:
- Ability to work full-time (average 40 hours per week) on a rotating shift schedule
- Ability to work in a cold climate-controlled environment which is around 35℉
- Ability to practice safe work habits in a food safe environment at all times
- Self-starter who gets involved quickly and takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm
- Maintains high productivity level by operating with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and effectiveness over an extended period of time
- Ability to take direction and implement changes quickly
- Work up to 4 days per week for 12 hour shifts (breaks and lunch included)
- Ability to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays that land on your scheduled days (farm operation is 24/7, 365 days a year)
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 poundsMust be at least 18 years old
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included, and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists, and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Benefits and Perks:
- Starting hourly rate is $18.00/hour + annual increases
- Free benefits from Day 1 for employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Heavily subsidized benefits for your family from Day 1
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents (full-time employees)
- Competitive vacation and sick time off
- 401K & company stock
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Free Mental Health Resources and Wellness Benefits including Spring Health (personalized quality therapy and psychiatry for mental health needs), Headspace (unlimited access to guided meditation sessions, Aaptiv (virtual fitness classes), Carrot (family forming support), Quit Genius (support for quitting addictive habits)
- Uniforms and PPE provided by Bowery
- Free leafy greens & more…
Bowery Farming celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
We gladly evaluate accommodations and do our very best to provide them to anyone who needs them. If you need any accommodations during the application or interview process, please send a note to email@example.com just letting us know you’d like to discuss an accomodation and we’ll respond right away. Please let us know if you have any questions about this process!
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3hwUyq1) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
We think the starting salary for this role is $18.00 per hour, but it might vary depending on skills and experiences. If this role is of interest to you, you should apply no matter what. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.