Operations Supervisor (Monday-Friday)
Locust Grove, GA /
Operations – Farm Operations /
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out our podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke) - https://spoti.fi/3ToY3Mm
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking an Operations Supervisor who will oversee aspects of our daily growing operations in our indoor farms. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team, and one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team to become the best operators they can be. To achieve this, Operations Supervisors are problem solvers who are able to Set Big Bold Goals, interpret data, and deliver business results. You will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers, computer scientists, agricultural scientists, retail, and other functions, and your work will meaningfully impact the evolution of the indoor agriculture industry.
*The shift for this role is day-shift, Monday-Friday, with flexible weekend coverage*
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for leading onboarding & orientation.
- Partner with Operations Manager and OpX on training programs
- Oversee shipping & receiving department
- Supervise an Operations team to ensure that the farm stays on schedule, from seeding to harvest to packaging to cleaning, & delivery
- Maintain overall responsibility for the performance of the shift, including safety, quality, cost, productivity, and delivery
- Implement all SOPs and drive compliance with crop plans in partnership with the Senior Grower
- Plan shift and work schedules for all production staff on shift to ensure high efficiency & quality
- Maintain production areas to ensure compliance with company quality, sanitation, and Food Safety standards
- Identify and implement methods and practices to achieve operational improvements in efficiency, quality, delivery, and operating profits
- Collect & analyze data in order to proactively identify production issues or develop plans to resolve existing issues
- Provide a safe working environment by maintaining quality equipment and enforcing adherence to developed work practices
- Ensure employees have the right tools, knowledge, and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely
- Promote a culture of world-class performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Provide coaching, teaching, and mentorship to a diverse and engaged team
- Influence and drive improvements to the Bowery Farming production software system
- Ensure all required KPIs are met regarding the facility's goals on safety, production, quality, and costs.
- Collaborate with leaders across Bowery to identify and understand operational opportunities for improvement
Who You Are:
- You have relevant years of experience in a leadership role in a related field
- You have experience in manufacturing operations or engineering roles with demonstrated ability to lead teams & lead change
- You have a strong knowledge of warehouse management systems
- You understand Lean & Six Sigma process improvement techniques
- You have experience managing an OSHA compliance program
- You understand how to drive continuous improvement initiatives & culture
- You possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and superior management skills
- You are capable of strong mentoring and coaching to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- You have the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- You demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- You are detail & process orientated
- You have experience with farming and growing operations, and food safety and production is a plus
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!