Locust Grove, GA /
Operations – Farm Operations /
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out our podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke) - https://spoti.fi/3ToY3Mm
About the Role:
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for daily operations of property portfolio, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, other mechanical systems, fire and safety systems, as they pertain to the facility but, in major portion to the farm operations and support thereof. This position ensures all farm supporting systems are operational and safe, and will work with the Facility Manager to develop and manage yearly repairs and maintenance budgets. The Facility Engineer will also help mentor facility maintenance staff and manage vendors to coordinate preventative maintenance, Farm improvements, and special projects. This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery. We’re looking for someone that can learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
What You’ll Do:
- Represent the Facility Maintenance Team in a professional manner in all dealings with owners, architects, vendors, other design professionals, and contractors
- Available and eager to help train and mentor Facility Maintenance Technicians, as well as participate in interviews as needed
- Work with the Facility Manager to select vendors and propose service agreements for consideration and final negotiations of service contracts
- Oversee vendors and other contractors involved in building maintenance, farm maintenance, security and construction projects
- Review and approve construction project drawings before work commences
- Track Farm improvement projects in line with building rules and regulations and city/state codes
- Responsible for activities related to all equipment in building/s and operational efficiency of the building’s energy systems
- Create/maintain and oversee department’s preventative maintenance schedule and work completion
- Supervise and manage tool inventory and company vehicles used by maintenance staff
- Responsible for hazardous waste management compliance; work with the Safety Department for best practices
- Seek and engage in continued training in order to build technical strengths in Farm and Facility Maintenance using industry best practices
Who You Are:
- Technically inclined self starter who can work effectively without constant supervision
- Accountable to co-workers and self
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to identify, troubleshoot and solve ambiguous problems in complex MEP environment
- Customer and results focused
- Demonstrates agility in travel, work hours, and shifts
- Aligns with Bowery’s core values
- Comfortable with 50% travel for the first few months to other Farms
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Benefits As Good As our Greens:
- To support you and your family, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance; mental health resources; family forming support; long-term and short-term disability insurance; FSA; HSA; commuter benefits and gym reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan and company stock options, so you can reap the benefits of every Bowery win
- The more balance, the better. We offer unlimited paid vacation, paid holiday - plus 16 weeks paid parental leave so you can focus on what matters most
- From internal mobility to a mentorship program and curated L&D initiatives, we are fully invested in your growth
We have a lot of folx at Bowery that perform these jobs across different levels. Based on the way this job has been planned, we think the salary will be $90,000. If this role is of interest to you, you should apply no matter what. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3hwUyq1) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
Bowery is an equal opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.