Director of Talent Acquisition - Science & Tech
New York, NY /
People – Recruiting /
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
We’re looking for a talent acquisition leader to oversee all of our Science & Tech full cycle recruitment as we build and scale farms across the U.S. This role is both strategic and hands-on, as you’ll develop and implement the recruitment strategies both internally & externally while building and leading a small team of recruiters. You'll build great partnerships across the Science & Tech teams and build process & programs in order to ensure we successfully staff a diverse team of top talent. We are seeking someone who cares deeply about candidate experience, employment branding and creating & implementing diversity recruitment strategies. You will report directly to the Head of Talent Acquisition and be based out of our headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Own the Science & Tech recruitment strategy and execution
- Player/Coach; you will hire, develop & lead a small team of recruiters while performing as a full cycle recruiter
- Design and execute all the recruiting related programs to create the best possible experience from the start of the employee journey (awareness to onboarding), including things like: candidate experience, sourcing, assessments, metrics, interviewing techniques and training
- Partner directly with the Chief Science Officer, Chief Technology Officer & Head of HR to understand their growth plans and acquire the right talent, at the right time
- Define and track recruitment KPIs and measure recruiters success
- Create recruitment strategies to attract & retain a diverse pool of talent
- Lead employment branding efforts for the Science & Tech organization
- Lead “Hiring the Bowery Way”, Interview process & training across the Science & Technology organization
Who You Are:
- An experienced Talent Acquisition expert who ideally has worked with technology organizations at VC backed startups & enterprise organizations
- A leader - you have managed, developed and engaged teams, and you love it
- A recruiter - with strong business and financial acumen - you find the intersections between business & talent strategy
- A doer - you don’t wait, you go
- A collaborator - you enjoy working collaboratively and cross functionally to achieve goals
- An influencer - you are a credible expert in your space
- A clear and succinct communicator
- Process-focused - you enjoys creating and standardizing processes
Bowery's headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.