Baltimore, MD /
Farm Operations – Farm Operations /
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $472 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek, Fidelity, and Almanac
About The Role:
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician who will manage maintenance & facilities management operations in our indoor farm. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for driving and maintaining the overall function of our automation, lighting & irrigation systems, leading resolution of equipment emergencies. Unlike traditional Maintenance Technician roles, you’ll also be supported by Bowery’s proprietary farm management software, BoweryOS, which delivers unprecedented support in monitoring equipment performance and maintaining efficient operations. You will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers, computer scientists, agricultural scientists, business operators, and farm operations, and your work will meaningfully impact the evolution of the indoor agriculture industry.
What You'll Do:
- First responder for Grow Area systems/equipment, not limited to Fire Suppression Systems, HVAC, Electrical Distribution, Emergency Generator, Solar Panel (PV System), and Plumbing systems, networking, and general facility maintenance, responding to emergencies whether remotely or on-site
- Monitor and Lead repairs to building & support equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, fire suppression, networking, and ancillary systems to a root cause and in house repair
- Document and maintain preventative maintenance logs as required by NFPA, OSHA, and local and federal authorities having jurisdiction
- Manage vendor service calls and on-site service to ensure proper maintenance of Facility and Farm supporting equipment
- Document root cause analysis for emergency events causing interruption or downtime for farming operations to senior management
- Supervise and execute projects in the field using internal and external resources or vendors to assist in the kick-off through completion of projects
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as assigned and directed
Who You Are:
- Knowledge and experience in electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems
- Knowledge of procedures relating to Facility Management required
- Ability to read schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints
- Superior communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of equipment, controls, and building automation maintenance.
- Effectively accomplish tasks with little to no supervision
- High level of motivation, initiative, and be a self-starter
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Work flexible schedule as required by operational demands
- Support extensive walking, climbing stairs and ladders, occasional lifting etc. depending on work requirements
- Knowledge of industry safety best practices and standards
- Knowledge of NEC, OSHA, NFPA, DEP, DEC, HAZMAT, and SQF regulations
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowery’s produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.