Project Manager - Farm Design
New York, NY /
Farm Operations – Farm Design & Development /
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
About The Role:
As Project Manager of the Farm Design team, you will plan and oversee cross-functional projects that lead to more efficient design and continuous improvement in Bowery Farms. You will play an integral role in requirement collection and obtaining buy-in from key internal and external stakeholders, designating resources, designing risk mitigation while securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects.
What You'll Do:
- Professional planning and hands on management/oversight for multiple projects encompassing multiple facilities
- Manage multiple projects at various phases and in various locations, from project identification through design, planning, permit issuance, construction and financial closeout.
- Demonstrate full accountability for end to end management of projects
- Provide weekly project activity updates to team and broader organization for Project Schedule, Budget, and Risk
- Generate proposal budget and schedules in alignment with project scope
- Identify business expectations and steer the team to success
- Focus on continuous improvement to add value
- Assist engineers in system evaluation and application recommendations
- Support engineering and production as needed
- Oversee the coordination and verification of project deliverables and adherence to company and client standards.
Who You Are:
- Experience in Manufacturing industry
- Experience in and/or certified in Project Management
- Experience with project scope development, budgeting, scheduling, risk management and contract negotiations
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite, project scheduling software, and web based applications
- Familiarity with drawings; furniture, fixtures, and equipment; design and space planning concepts; schedules.
- Exemplary cross-functional player able to obtain buy-in from various stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Process Design training and/or experience
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Bowery's headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.