Head of Capital Markets
New York, NY /
Finance – Corporate Finance /
Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Head of Capital Markets will have the opportunity to help drive future capital raising activity for Bowery Farming, making a significant impact at a rapidly expanding startup growing food for a better future. This hire will be responsible for all outward-facing finance activities, including supporting communication with equity investors, current and prospective lenders, and the rapidly expanding set of ESG oriented pools of capital. This is a unique opportunity to work very closely with the senior leadership team, including the CEO, CFO, and Head of Communications, to help drive both Bowery’s growth and sustainability missions.
What You'll Do:
- Expand the company’s capital markets relationships with Wall Street and create innovative capital markets solutions to help fund Bowery’s rapid expansion
- Source and develop an expanding set of lender relationships, including with banks, institutional investors, and other sources of credit-based capital
- Develop plans to source capital from an emerging set of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) funds
- Work with the CEO, CFO, and VP Financial Operations to implement best-in-class investor reporting tools and act as the central owner of ongoing external business performance reporting (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Work with the legal team in negotiating and structuring financing agreements
- Own and drive a major portion of Bowery’s sustainability mission, including managing the financial risk deriving from the company’s portfolio of renewable power sourcing agreements (PPAs) and developing frameworks for sharing relevant sustainability KPIs with investors
- In coordination with the General Counsel and Corporate Controller, play a central role in planning, designing, and overseeing the implementation of best-in-class financial reporting and controls
Who You Are:
- You have relevant years of experience in Corporate Finance/Investment Banking/Private Equity, with a broad knowledge of the capital markets. Ideally with experience in private capital raising and with leveraged/structured finance
- You have strong project management skills with the ability to manage many projects at once
- You have transaction execution experience. With appropriate support, you are able to own complex financial deals from start to finish
- You are an aggressive relationship builder and a trusted voice with a strong executive presence
- You possess a passion for businesses with sustainability at their core
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with excellent communication skills and the ability to roll up your sleeves and join a fast-moving, collaborative team
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included, and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists, and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.