Director of Sales - Southeast & Southwest
Atlanta, GA /
Sales – Sales /
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke)
About The Role:
As our Director of Sales, you will be responsible for securing and managing accounts and developing new strategic retail relationships across the Southeast and Southwest regions. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of an industry that is poised for unprecedented growth with an organization that is revolutionizing the future of produce.
What You'll Do:
- Create and execute a strategy to both manage and grow existing accounts as well as secure new accounts in retail channels across the Southeast and Southwest regions
- Plan and organize customer meetings, presentations, and customer go-to-market plans to grow our retail business
- Utilize industry knowledge and expertise in identifying potential revenue opportunities through networking and sales techniques
- Engage in analysis of sales consumption data, product margins, and program P&Ls and develop reports for costing strategy, financials, projections, and shipped/pending orders
- Utilize Nielsen/IRI and shopper insights with retailers to create a compelling selling story for Bowery and to persuasively grow revenue
- Build and execute efficient and effective trade and promotional plans
- Manage broker execution of Bowery priorities and relationships
- Develop and collaboratively support the cross-functional development of sales plans, strategies, objectives, demand forecasts, and procedures to help drive the business forward
- Achieve established growth and profitability targets for assigned customers and farms
- Possess excellent selling and negotiation skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Focus on an attitude of continuous improvement by expanding knowledge of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
Who You Are:
- Experience selling produce or consumer packaged goods that have required cold chain management
- You have a rolodex of existing relationships with key retailers in the Southeast and Southwest regions
- Experience negotiating complex sales contracts and delivering sales quotas
- Strong track record of selling, winning, and growing business
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think and lead strategically
- Experience managing multiple projects against deadlines
- Results-oriented - driven beyond the numbers
- Collaborative (Internally and externally)
- Enthusiasm for Bowery’s mission; A passion for improving our food system through the use of technology, and the ability to translate this passion into a compelling selling story
*This hire must be based in either GA or FL and be able to travel 50-60% of the time*
Benefits As Good As Our Greens:
- To support you and your family, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance; mental health resources; family forming support; long-term and short-term disability insurance; FSA; HSA; commuter benefits and gym reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan and company stock options so that you can reap the benefits of every Bowery win
- The more balance, the better. We offer unlimited paid vacation, paid holiday - plus 16 weeks of paid parental leave so you can focus on what matters most
- From internal mobility to a mentorship program and curated L&D initiatives, we are fully invested in your growth
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be $175,000. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate where you are leveled.
Bowery is an equal-opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally-grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.