FP&A Lead - Operations
New York, NY /
Finance – FP&A /
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About the Role:
The FP&A Manager - Operations will be a key member on both the Finance and Farm Operations teams at Bowery. He/she will serve as the direct link between the complex operations of the business and financial planning and controllership functions. The FP&A Manager will contribute to all areas of operations management and provide strong financial support to the team building and managing our growing network of farms. He/she will be responsible for planning and coordinating operations budgets and business planning activities in alignment with corporate profitability and performance objectives. This role will build the reporting and business measurement infrastructure to help drive continuous operational improvement.
This is an opportunity to be a foundational hire to the Bowery Finance and Farm Operations teams. This individual will make a significant impact at a rapidly expanding startup, growing food for a better future.
What You'll Do:
- Design reporting tools to enhance visibility into the operational performance of the business; evaluate financial and operational metrics and provide meaningful analysis to company leadership
- Partner with farm operations to ensure accurate and timely capture and reporting of all farm costs and operational metrics
- Develop farm operational SLAs, set daily, weekly, and monthly targets and drive execution in line with those metrics
- Lead weekly/monthly financial and operational planning and reporting activities, including executive management reporting, analysis and forecasts, variance commentary and overall financial performance analysis
- Capital spend management and accounting support related to the build and launch of farms
- Provide real-time feedback on the operations of the business using the vast data and analytics tools available on the proprietary BoweryOS
- Develop value-added analysis to help identify revenue and cost opportunities and work directly with the operations team to develop strategies to improve financial performance
- Remain engaged in implementation of these solutions and provide reporting against progress towards our objectives
What You'll Have:
- Relevant years of finance operations preferably working with a warehouse
- Strong financial analysis skills, including being detail-oriented and proficient and using complicated data sources
- Proven problem-solving skills, especially within a highly innovative environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and proactive thought leadership
- Comfortable interfacing with and presenting to executive management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence all levels, including senior-level executives, with strong interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy representing the Finance department in executive settings
- Track record of success in delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.