Electrical Irrigation Tech Assistant
Operations – Agricultural Operations /
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke)
About The Role:
Join us at Bowery and be a crucial part of our Agriculture Operations & Quality team as an Irrigation Tech Assistant. This role is focused on ensuring our indoor growing systems run smoothly. You'll be hands-on, handling maintenance, repairs, and part replacements for irrigation and filter systems. Keep things organized with spare parts, troubleshoot system issues independently, and work on ad hoc projects with cross-functional teams. Your attention to detail is key – document preventative maintenance logs and root cause analyses to meet regulations. Collaborate with vendors, contribute to projects, and make a direct impact on Bowery's innovative agriculture practices.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure the efficient and reliable operation of Bowery's indoor growing systems, safeguarding plant health and operational effectiveness
- Responsible for executing irrigation and filter preventative maintenance, repairs, and part replacements
- Acquire, replenish, and organize spare parts
- Responsible for standardizing the knowledge around the electrical components connected to our irrigation systems
- Refurbish irrigation, filter, and electrical systems as needed
- Assist in Priva management
- Independently troubleshoot irrigation (plumbing/electrical) and growing system related failures
- Document and maintain preventative maintenance logs as required by NFPA, OSHA, and local and federal authorities having jurisdiction
- Manage vendor service calls and on-site service to ensure proper maintenance of irrigation system and grow position equipment
- Document root cause analysis for emergency events causing interruption or downtime for healthy water/nutrients to plants
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as assigned and directed
- Effectively accomplish tasks with little to no supervision
- Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot defects and develop improvements to grow system efficiencies
Who You Are:
- Able to read layouts and schematics
- Proficient in plumbing/irrigation terminology, repairs, and maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in electrical, mechanical, and/or plumbing systems
- Able to work a flexible schedule as required by operational demands (Base schedule 11 am - 8 pm)
- Comfortable with Physical Requirements including;
- Lift and move objects up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Ability to climb ladders and catwalks safely and without limitation
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
Benefits As Good As Our Greens:
- Free benefits from Day 1 for employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Heavily subsidized benefits for your family from Day 1
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents (full-time employees)
- Competitive vacation and sick time off
- 401K & company stock options
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Free Mental Health Resources and Wellness Benefits, including Spring Health (personalized quality therapy and psychiatry for mental health needs), Headspace (unlimited access to guided meditation sessions, and Carrot (family forming support)
- Uniforms and PPE provided by Bowery
- Free leafy greens & more…
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be $21.25/hour. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make a leveling assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Bowery is an equal-opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally-grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.