New York, NY /
Finance – FP&A /
Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. We build smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models, and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture. For more insight on our culture, our teams, and all the things that make us so unique, check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast.
About the Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking an FP&A Associate to join our growing finance team. The finance team is deeply ingrained in all the functional areas of Bowery and partners heavily with cross-functional leaders. In this role, you will provide financial modeling and analyses to assist long-range growth and financial planning, analyze key performance indicators and support key strategic decisions. We’re looking for someone that is not only analytical but can also learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isn’t afraid of uncertainty.
This role is based out of our NYC HQ. We follow a hybrid working model.
What You'll Do:
- Work with cross-functional leaders to inform and update the company’s long-range financial model
- Support treasury function by providing accurate cash flow forecasts
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports. Understand forecast to actual variances and provide meaningful analysis to the management team
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators (KPIs) including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and capital expenditures
- Design reporting tools to enhance visibility into the health of the business; evaluate financial and operational metrics and provide meaningful analysis to company leadership
- Provide analytical, financial modeling, and decision making support for ad-hoc analyses to support strategic company decisions
- Support the finance leadership team in equity and debt capital raising activities
Who You Are:
- An experienced FP&A Analyst with a background in finance
- An advanced Excel and PowerPoint user
- A results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and a strong sense of urgency
- A collaborator with excellent interpersonal skills
- A highly organized and detail-oriented individual
- You possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A clear communicator who can organize and boil down complex ideas for any type of audience in a written or verbal format
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. To date, we have raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, José Andrés and David Barber of Blue Hill.
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.