Maintenance Supervisor (Night Shift)
Baltimore, MD /
Operations – Farm Operations /
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out our podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke) - https://spoti.fi/3ToY3Mm
About The Role
Bowery Farming is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor who will oversee aspects of our nightly maintenance and cleaning operations in our indoor farms. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for leading, developing, and engaging a team, and one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team to become the best maintainers they can be. To achieve this, Maintenance Supervisors are problem solvers who are able to Set Big Bold Goals, interpret data, and deliver business results. You will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers, computer scientists, agricultural scientists, retail, and other functions, and your work will meaningfully impact the evolution of the indoor agriculture industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise a maintenance team to ensure that the farm stays on schedule, from seeding to harvest to packaging to cleaning, & delivery from a maintenance perspective
- Onboard and train new hires
- Maintain overall responsibility for the performance of the shift, including safety, quality, cost, accountability and schedule
- Implement all SOPs and drive compliance directed by the maintenance manager
- Plan shift and work schedules for all maintenance staff on shift to ensure high efficiency & quality
- Maintain production areas to ensure compliance with company quality, sanitation, and Food Safety standards
- Identify and implement methods and practices to achieve operational improvements in efficiency, quality, maintenance tasks, and prioritization
- Collect & analyze data in order to proactively identify production issues or develop plans to resolve existing issues through proactive or corrective processes
- Provide a safe working environment by maintaining quality equipment and enforcing adherence to developed work practices and standards
- Ensure employees have the right tools, knowledge, and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely
- Promote a culture of world-class performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Provide coaching, teaching, and mentorship to a diverse and engaged team
- Ensure all required KPIs are met regarding maintenance and how it affects production/variability
- Collaborate with leaders across Bowery to identify and understand operational opportunities for improvement
Who You Are:
- You have experience in a leadership role in the field of manufacturing maintenance
- You have experience in maintenance technical roles such as mechanic, electrician, welder or millwright
- You have a strong knowledge of the maintenance process and how it fits into the holistic business goals
- You understand precision, preventive, corrective, and breakdown maintenance strategies
- You have experience managing an OSHA compliance program
- You understand how to drive continuous improvement initiatives & culture
- You possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and superior management skills
- You are capable of strong mentoring and coaching to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- You have the ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- You demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- You are detail & process orientated
- You have experience with farming safety and production, and farming and growing operations is a plus
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
We have a lot of folx at Bowery that perform these jobs across different levels. Based on the way this job has been planned, we think the salary will be $65.000. If this role is of interest to you, you should apply no matter what. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.