Baltimore, MD /
Farm Operations – Farm Operations /
At Bowery Farming, we dream of a world where agriculture gives back to the people and the planet more than it takes. But to achieve this, we need more than incremental change. We need to reimagine farming from the ground up. Every day, Bowery’s purpose-driven team works toward this mission. Right outside of cities, we build indoor farms that grow wildly flavorful produce that’s defiantly free from pollutants, all while using less finite resources like space and water. Our smart farms are powered by our proprietary farm operating system, BoweryOS, creating a simplified, agile food system that’s focused on flavor, freshness, and safety. At Bowery, we’re farming efficiently so we can feed effectively, democratizing access to fresh, local food in our communities.
Bowery Farming is seeking a Facilities Coordinator who will manage the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for our indoor farms. Reporting to the Regional Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for administering and managing the CMMS, which includes preventative, reactive and predictive maintenance activities and resources for the Mid-Atlantic region. You will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with managers and technicians, engineers, computer scientists, agricultural scientists, retail and other functions, and your work will meaningfully impact the evolution of the indoor agriculture industry. This role will be based at Bowery Farming’s newest state-of-the-art modern farming facility in Baltimore, Maryland.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in implementing, and manage, a CMMS that covers multiple farm sites and includes maintenance scheduling and work orders, spare parts, consumables and reporting functions
- Compile, maintain and update CMMS records
- Manage and monitor records of maintenance activities within the CMMS system
- Assist the Facility Managers with allocation of resources to complete maintenance activities
- Manage spare parts and consumables inventory within the CMMS and work with Bowery Supply Chain and vendors to ensure a regular supply
- Coordinate with vendors for orders and deliveries
- Assist in periodic inventory cycle counts at the Baltimore and other facilities
- Attend meetings, and distribute reports related to the maintenance scheduling and inventories
- Design and produce periodic reports from the CMMS system to inform Facilities Management, Supply Chain and Finance on resources, usage, needs, and trends
- Collect, analyze and present data in order to proactively identify issues or develop plans to resolve existing issues
- Collaborate with functions across Bowery to identify and understand operational opportunities for improvement.
Who You Are:
- You have relevant experience in a related role
- You posses experience in understanding requirements in manufacturing operations and/or automation
- You have a strong knowledge of inventory management systems
- Understand continuous improvement initiatives & culture
- You posses excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Have the ability to influence peers
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Detail & process oriented
- Have the ability to travel within the region
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Bowery's headquarters is based in Manhattan. We have two farms in Kearny, New Jersey. One farm is focused on Research & Development, the other services retailers and community partners in the Tri-State area. Our third farm is located in Nottingham, Maryland, feeding the Mid-Atlantic region. Bowery Farming products are sold at hundreds of retailers, including Whole Foods Market, Giant Food, Stop & Shop, Walmart and specialty grocers, along with online partners like Amazon Fresh, Hungryroot, Peapod and restaurants, including Sweetgreen. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and Henry Kravis, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including David Barber of Blue Hill, Tom Colicchio, and José Andres.