Shipping and Receiving Lead (Night Shift)
Baltimore, MD /
Farm Operations – Farm Operations /
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking a Receiving Clerk and Inventory Clerk to join the Farm Operations team. This role will oversee day to day duties required to manage the Receiving Dock and Inventory replenishment at Bowery’s vertical farm in Baltimore, MD. This person will work closely with other members of Farm Operations, Facilities Maintenance, and Supply Chain teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Accept and signs for deliveries.
- Assist in unloading shipments from delivery truck.
- Uses pallet jacks to transport shipments from loading dock and around stockroom.
- Open boxes and inspect content of shipments.
- Verifies shipping invoice to ensure all items are accounted for.
- Maintains records of all received shipments.
- Stores, restocks, and shelves delivery items.
- Ensures area organization, cleanliness, and assists with trash removal.
- Conducts inventory of products, and logs data into inventory database.
- Conduct inventory audits and cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Communicate inventory delays or concerns with appropriate urgency to key stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve supply shortfalls by identifying missed deliveries.
- Complete order prep up for outbound shipping truck departures.
- Retrieve and organize packaged product based on each customers’ order to be shipped the following day.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to act like an owner and take on responsibility.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Exhibits ability to use inventory software efficiently.
- Possesses basic math skills.
- Works well with a team. Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Demonstrates solid problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper warehouse and factory safety procedures.
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.