Quality and Consumer Safety Technician
Bethlehem, PA /
Operations – Farm Operations /
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out our podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke) - https://spoti.fi/3ToY3Mm
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is seeking a Quality & Consumer Safety Technician who will carry out auditing, testing, calibration, data gathering, investigating duties. You will report to the Farm Quality Manager and be assigned to a shift to work alongside our Modern Farmers.
What You'll Do:
- Perform inbound raw materials inspections to ensure downstream quality.
- Perform GMP inspections to ensure farm hygiene practices are maintained
- Conduct pre-operational, inter-operational, and post-operational inspections and audits to maintain process integrity
- Monitor farm assets, and perform calibrations as needed, to verify they are performing as required
- Perform finished product audits
- Represent and communicate all quality standards on the production floor
- Maintain facility sanitation standards to ensure effective cleaning processes
- Monitor the concentration of cleaning chemicals to ensure effective cleaning processes
- Conduct weekly and monthly environmental sampling for laboratory analysis
- Aid in inspecting returned product for quality and temperature specification deviation
- Help to trend, interpret, and visualize data through use of spreadsheets and business intelligence software
- Help to design and execute experiments, throughout the process areas, to provide data and insights for continuous improvement projects as needed
- Aid in tracking, reviewing, and analyzing data associated with marketplace quality issues as needed
- Aid in building CAPA reports when necessary
- Participate in training initiatives to educate our staff on food safety best practices
- Help to identify and remediate gaps in the Quality Management System
- Collaborate with the Agricultural Science and Agricultural Operations team to operationalize new products
- Provide other interdepartmental support as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- You will have at least a High School diploma or equivalent
- Be PC or Mac familiar, with an ability to use a tablet or smartphone
- You will have some understanding of food safety standards
- You will have some understanding of cleaning and sanitation standards
- You will have strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- You demonstrate strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; and are able to effectively communicate with and influence and engage peers
- You are a self starter and should be able to work independently, with and without an itemized task list
- You will be able to work flexible shifts as needed
- You will be able to work in the cold room (sub 37 degrees) for short and extended periods of time (protective equipment provided)
- You are able to work at heights (infrastructure and protective equipment provided)
- You will be able to lift and move objects up to 49 pounds
- You have the ability to bend, lift, stretch, and reach both below the waist and above the head.
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Benefits and Perks:
- Free benefits from Day 1 for employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Heavily subsidized benefits for your family from Day 1
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents (full-time employees)
- Competitive vacation and sick time off
- 401K & company stock options
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Free Mental Health Resources and Wellness Benefits including Spring Health (personalized quality therapy and psychiatry for mental health needs), Headspace (unlimited access to guided meditation sessions, Gympass (virtual fitness classes), Carrot (family forming support).
- Uniforms and PPE provided by Bowery
- Free leafy greens & more…
Bowery Farming celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
We gladly evaluate accommodations and do our very best to provide them to anyone who needs them. If you need any accommodations during the application or interview process, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org just letting us know you’d like to discuss an accomodation and we’ll respond right away. Please let us know if you have any questions about this process!
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3hwUyq1) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
We think the starting salary for this role is $21.25 per hour, but it might vary depending on skills and experiences. If this role is of interest to you, you should apply no matter what. You can trust us to make an assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.