State Certified Inspector
New York, NY
Valuation – Appraisal
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of our kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first ever venture capital backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
About the Role:
Bowery is looking for a state-certified inspector who can assist Bowery in completing site inspections for residential, commercial and industrial real estate assets for our growing client base. Travel to new locations in and around the tri-state area, completing real estate inspections and communicating notes and photographs to the assigned appraiser using the state of the art bowery real estate inspection app for easy and convenient use. This job involves meeting new and interesting people in the real estate industry.
- In the evening check their calendar for the inspections scheduled for the next day
- Driving/commuting to and from site inspections
- Taking photos of the subject property and all pertinent areas which include apartments, mechanicals, electric/gas meters, all common areas, roof, basement, and exterior.
- Writing clear and descriptive notes in order to properly document the occupancy, physical attributes, functional utility, any functional and external obsolescence for a given subject property.
- At the end of each day, the inspector will need to upload the day’s inspections from the mobile inspection app for the appraiser to obtain the necessary inspection photos and notes.
- Communication with the assigned appraiser when necessary via Slack or phone call to answer any questions or to communicate any issues that may arise
- Communication with property contacts to confirm arrival times and any unexpected delays
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to fly
- State-certified general real estate appraiser certification is required
- Ability to walk upstairs, climb a ladder and walk into basements.
- Familiar with IOS since the bowery mobile inspection app is only available on the iPhone platform
- Being a team player is a must, ability to communicate with appraiser and manager about any challenges in completing inspections.
- Coordinate inspections
- Experience as a state-certified general real estate appraiser for at least one year.
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- Medical, vision, dental coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Company events
- And more!