Commercial Real Estate Appraiser
Valuation – Apprasial
Bowery Valuation is the world’s first truly tech-enabled commercial appraisal firm. We’ve spent the past 4+ years building out our revolutionary product. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our tech and product team to continuously add new features and functionality to the Bowery platform. We are also the first ever venture capital backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $19MM. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
Who You Are
Bowery is looking for valuation professionals at all levels, in both New York City and Washington D.C. You should love making people feel like the center of the universe, while ensuring accuracy and speed in producing quality appraisal reports. You are a self-starter with a desire to work in a dynamic startup environment. You are comfortable communicating with people both over the phone and in person, excel at math, and have a strong eye for detail. For more senior appraisers, you should have demonstrated success in a commercial real estate organization and be comfortable appraising an array of asset types. You are eager to transform the appraisal industry and to be part of something awesome.
WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Perform detailed property & site inspections: You will be responsible for upon to collecting and examining construction details, building conditions, special features, and overall design. You may also be responsible for taking specific property measurements (as needed) and determining the value, age, and quality of the property. You’ll also need to identify any differences between a property’s description and current condition.
- Photograph property interiors, exteriors, & sites: You will be responsible for photographing a property’s interior and exterior. These pictures will assist with property value estimates, verify findings, and fully complete appraisal reports.
- Conduct Research: Research and compile market data to perform comparative analysis of rents, financial data, and market values, and more. You’ll then be responsible for using this market data to perform comparative analysis of rents, financials, and other market values. You may use online data repositories, government databases, and 3rd party resources, in addition to our internal data repository.
- Consult with other Real Estate Professionals: Where needed, you may need to collaborate with other real estate professionals, including (but not limited to) contractors, engineers, electricians, interior designers, plumbers, etc., to get expert input on different parts of real estate and more exact estimates of a property’s taxes.
- Prepare Property Appraisal Reports Create an appraisal report of your findings, including market value comps, income potential, and more. You will also be responsible for explaining your estimations were made, and ensuring they are in compliance with Bowery’s high standard. This process is made faster and simpler with our technology and in-house repository of big data.
- 0 - 10 years of experience. (Experience and proven track record of success will determine level. We have several openings with varying levels of expertise required.)
- Strong across all platforms in the MS Suite
- Senior appraisers should have proficiency with Argus Enterprise
- Sales and financial analysis capabilities
- Strong math and data analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Salesforce/CRM experience a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional poise and presence on the phone
- A hospitality first mindset that you deliver to all clients.
- Ability and desire to collaborate across teams, including our Product, Engineering and Design teams.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/Rx, vision, and dental coverage
- Company paid ancillary benefits
- Flex time and generous PTO
- Paid gender neutral parental leave
- $500 experience bonus. (Each year employees receive up to $500 (net!) to spend on a new experience of their choice.)
- Company events: Social clubs, Women at Bowery, monthly lunches, weekly Fika, employee resource groups, and more.