New York, NY
Product, Technology, and Design – Design
At Bowery Valuation, our mission is to be the greatest appraisal firm in the world - better in every way. We are passionate about building and optimizing innovative products that empower and delight our expert team of in-house appraisers. We are looking for an outstanding Product Designer who empathizes deeply with our users and is enthusiastic about distilling complex problems into thoughtful experiences across a suite of digital products.
Our Design Team is continuing to advance their product design process, while building a department that values strong collaboration and thought-leadership. Our team, and our company, are growing rapidly - and we are committed to creating a tight-knit environment that fosters trust, empathy, and integrity.
As part of our design team, you will be expected to utilize a wide range of product, interaction, and visual design abilities throughout a highly iterative, user-centered design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to launch new features, execute on key product initiatives, and deliver a unified Bowery experience.
What You'll Do
- Partner with product managers and engineers to realize design concepts from ideation to launch.
- Rapidly create site maps, user-flows, wireframes, and prototypes using software like Sketch, Figma, and Invision.
- Quickly grasp complex problems and develop design approaches that translate into elegant user experiences.
- Contribute to, maintain, and help guide the evolution of Bowery’s design system.
- Work individually, and in collaboration with our product team, to identify user research opportunities, conduct frequent usability tests, and derive insights from both qualitative and quantitative datasets.
- Work alongside fellow designers to ensure a consistent and cohesive user experience across all of Bowery’s products.
- Provide and invite constructive feedback to and from other designers to continuously elevate the quality of our products.
What You Bring
- 2+ years of industry experience in product design.
- Strong ability to identify problems, map user-flows, and prototype user interactions.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate design ideas and rationale.
- Passion for designing intuitive and compelling user experiences, with a clear understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Strong design intuition and an understanding of visual design principles, tools, and theory.
- Time-management and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently on multiple projects with overlapping timelines.
A Plus to Have
- 2+ years experience in visual, interaction, or information design.
- 2+ years experience in UX research.
- Experience working within a cross-functional team in an agile environment.
- Experience working with, and developing/refining a design system and component library.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Vanilla JS, and React.js.
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- Flex-time and paid-time-off.
- Paid, gender-neutral parental leave.
- $500 experience bonus (each year, every employee receives up to $500 to spend on a new experience of their choice).
- Monthly company lunches.
- Company events: Happy Hours, Women at Bowery, and more.
In addition to your cover letter and resume/cv, please share links to any relevant past work, a personal portfolio or website, and anything else you would like us to take into consideration.